Can a seller opt out of ebay "ask the seller a question"

wargul
Community Member

Can you tell me - can sellers opt out of the "ask the seller a question" on their listings.  I tried to send a question to a seller and got a message back saying "seller can't be contacted" or such like. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can a seller opt out of ebay "ask the seller a question"

As far as I know, that option is currently available on the US and UK sites (if a seller uses that option, I think the message says something along the lines of "due to the high volume of messages received, the seller is unable to respond....". A lot of high-volume sellers use it to prevent fielding hundreds of questions about items from people, and you can only send messages if you make a purchase. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You will also get that message if the seller has ticked the option Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me in their Buyer Requirements, eg Blocking buyers in locations they don't post to.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

What about holiday settings, I think you can have an out of office message left.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ok, there are a number of possibilities.  I don't think this seller would have me blocked.  We have had good dealings before.  Anyway,  plenty of fish in the sea.

cheers!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply