Can anyone suggest a good reliable inventory management program for dropshipping? I

Hi i am relativley new to dropshipping and i have been using Scarcity Manager as my inventory management program. It will check my suppliers stock 2x per day and adjust mine accordingly as well as maintain my profit margins in the event of a price change by the supplier. The only problem is that it is quite expensive ($60 per month and will increse further as i list more items). I only sell items from within Australia to Australia and i don't have my own stock.

Many thanks in advance

Stefan

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Can anyone suggest a good reliable inventory management program for dropshipping? I

Dont know much about what you are asking for but do no that selling things that you dont actually have in your possession can be a major problem.  The only person you can really rely on is yourself.  JMO

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

You are doomed. Plain and simple as that. Doomed I say. Totally doomed, and probably forking out a truck load of money to someone else who is raking the money in, while you do all the work. Stop it and buy your own stock, otherwise you'll be completely doomed.....and broke.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I don't disagree, sadly i don't have that kind of money just laying around to buy stock.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Start small with smaller, cheaper stock, and work your way up. Being successful at this stuff, especially on this platform and in this day and age, is all about customer service.

The problem with drop-shipping is you're outsourcing a good portion of the 'servicing-your-customer' opportunity, and relying on someone else to do everything right, on time, and to a high standard.

It'll only take one poorly packed, damaged item to drive that point home.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@pro_products_aus wrote:
I don't disagree, sadly i don't have that kind of money just laying around to buy stock.

You've already got 3 less than positive feddback from buyers - which may be due to dropshipping - if you get too many more eBay is likely to restrict your selling limits.

As tazzie said, better to start small and build up your selling presence on eBay. Far to many sellers on eBay have found to their cost that dropshipping can be a fatal step to take for sellers.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@pro_products_aus wrote:

Hi i am relativley new to dropshipping and i have been using Scarcity Manager as my inventory management program. It will check my suppliers stock 2x per day and adjust mine accordingly as well as maintain my profit margins in the event of a price change by the supplier. The only problem is that it is quite expensive ($60 per month and will increse further as i list more items). I only sell items from within Australia to Australia and i don't have my own stock.

Many thanks in advance

Stefan

You don't have any inventory to manage.

Your supplier's stock is not necessarily the stock you have available to you anyway, unless you are the supplier's only customer.

Just edit your sold items twice a day to increase the number by one.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Hi, I run a Dropship business and i would like to know what automated inventory tracking software is being used? I have tried Scarcity Manager but it is very expensive and it is far too glitchy to be relied upon. I need the software to automatically update stock levels from my suppliers and adjust prices accordingly. Many thanks in advance. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Already answered in your other thread.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Can-anyone-suggest-a-good-reliable-inventory-management-pro...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

If you don't have the capital to support your venture then consider a different career/business

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply