Can i remove positive feedback i left for a buyer who is an **bleep**.

I left 2 positive feedbacks to a buyer straight after he purchased both items.
He recieved items and is whinging cause i refuse to refund postage even though he purchased both items very cheap.
I did not state i would combine postage.
He purchased then asked if i would combine which i replied no.
Today i recieved a rude reply cause postage price was less than what he paid.
I had to pay for packing material australia post box and bubble wrap and taxi fair to local post office and back.
IT COST ME MORE TO POST THAN WHAT HE PAID!!!!!!
He does not deserve any positive feedback.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Exactly zan, and if items are priced so cheap to sell quickly, am I to suppose the seller is using postage charge to make a profit ?

Most sellers will build the post / handling / fvf fees / insertions fees  etc into the price, even offer free post.

Once you have the total cost to you worked out, if you aren't making money on an item, or it is unsellable at the price, maybe eBay is not the platform to use.

Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

Sorry

He purchased then asked if i would combine which i replied no 

I did not realise he had already paid, thought he just purchased whereby you could have changed the postage

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

Ebay has given me a new feature, I can reply to feedback I've received and against feedback I've left is a "follow up" option.

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

That is not new.....I have been using it for many, many years.

Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

Im not a business.
I am selling some of my possesions at a very reduced price to help with vet bills.
Alot of sellers account for any left over postage as part of there sale price.
If some buyers are that greedy then i dont want there service.
Morals come before money in my book.
NO ONE FORCES A BUYER TO PRESS THE BUTTONS TO PURCHASE ITEMS.
Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

@misfittrio wrote:
Im not a business.
I am selling some of my possesions at a very reduced price to help with vet bills.

And yet......

Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

Ebay has given me a new feature, I can reply to feedback I've received and against feedback I've left is a "follow up" option.

As lyndal said, it has been around or years.

But use this tool carefully, because a follow-up response to your reply can be made by the other member also. If it makes it look like a sh!t fight, this will do the seller no good.

And if a negative comment is left against a buyers feedback, they can have removed by eBay as this is against eBay rules and the seller can be reported.

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

The buyer has just left POS feedback for one of the items

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

@misfittrio wrote:
Im not a business.

For me it's NOT a matter of being greedy (a supposition I absolutely refute) - it's a matter of getting all my purchases from the same seller in one package.  Nobody wants items to arrive in dribs and drabs.  At the moment, with the postal service in some kind of delivery free fall, it's even more important.

'Morals come before money.'  Hmm.  Your earlier post suggested you factored in your taxi fare to get to the post office.  That's not something any sensible seller would broadcast online.  Sellers who overcharge on postage don't get the success on eBay that they hope for.

Do you want to stand on some weird moral high horse...or do you want to sell successfully, spend less time at the post office by combning purchases, earn goodwill by combining postage and therefore generate more buyers?

BUT.....If you still want buyers to pay more for postage....then you work out what postage costs per item, factor that in the item price and offer free postage.  There are probably buyers still out there who think itt is cheaper to buy lots of items with free postage than at a single combined postage rate for multiples.

Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

MORALS COME BEFORE MONEY IN MY BOOK means if i purchased several items with seprate postage charges i would never ask for a refund. Yes it was only $3.10 but a contract is a contract.
There were posted in one box. Although i was told afterwards he wanted then sent in 2 boxes.
I respectfuly disagree about being greedy.
You should not be pressing commit to buy then pay for the item if your going to wait till after the sale is finalised to say you combined postage.
As for the taxi there was an unnexpected incident which led to me being forced to get to get cab to the post office that day. I mentioned that purely out of frustration no more no less.

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply