Can’t post item in time :(

kmcracknell2715
Community Member

Hey guys

I listed an item before I went on holiday interstate, and didn’t bring it with me. Someone wants to buy my it now but I understand eBay recommends postage of the item within 2 days of buyer payment. What can I do? Because obviously I cannot post them in time.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Don't make promises you can't deliver?

The onus is on you to post within your handling time. Or not advertise items when you are on holidays? No sympathy from me. Sellers have the option of hiding their listings when they wish to, maybe you should look into it.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Hey davewill1964!

Thanks heaps for keeping it classy and adding your two cents in a kind and informative way! Maybe you should look into shutting that mouth 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

It's not what Ebay recommends, but what you set as your handling time.

As they have not yet bought it, perhaps ask them to hold off until a certain date.

The better way to do things is to put your shop in "Time Away", which will hide all any Buy It Now items, although anything on auction will continue unless you manually end the listing.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks heaps 🙂

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Maybe you should be professional. Your stuff up, your consequence.

You could try crawling to the buyer, you could try cancelling with the excuse that you are a DH, or you could try not selling items when you can't deliver

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

You must have such a fun life just going into random eBay questions and just coming for people. Loves it for you! 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

All I do is provide factual answers.

Love has nothing to do with it.

It's about facts and eBay policies.

If you have no interest in either, as would appear to be the case, that is entirely your choice.

You asked for advice. You got it. If that doesn't fit your paradigm, that is up to you.

You have the choices I outlined. They are factual. Your opinion means little to me, and nothing to eBay.

Maybe read some of the many FAQs about selling on eBay.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

You are so fun and exciting! Like omg. I’m just trying to sell a pair of shoes like I can’t even deal. Get a life. Like what even is paradigm

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

A paradigm is a closed mindset. Like get a working knowledge of the English language.

It doesn't matter what you're selling, the onus is on you to fulfil your sales in the time you have advertised. You don't seem to be able to do that, so there will be consequences.

So your initial question is irrelevant. Your only choices are to send the item within your handling time or take the hit on your metrics.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply