customer came to pick up item instead of mailing

camdenexhaust0
Community Member

Hi The customer came to pick up my twin turbo set up i had for sale, but he has no way to say he received it on his ph, how can i say he picked up the item & he is happy with his purchase?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

alarm bells are going off reading your post.  why cant the customer his his phone?  If I were you I'd check in with ebay customer service BEFORE this transaction and ascertain what constitutes proof of collection for pick up orders.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Has he already picked it up? I hope not... Ask him or her to sign a copy of the order if the phone is a problem.

This is from the eBay page:

Proof of pickup

Proof of pickup is required to protect you against item not received cases.

For proof of pickup, you can use the eBay app to scan the QR code or manually enter the 6-digit code the buyer received after completing their purchase.

To scan the code, go to the Arrange pickup screen on the eBay app and tap the Scan to confirm pickup button.

If the buyer doesn't have their email with the codes, they can also access the code by going to their Purchase history in the eBay app.

Tip
When you scan or manually enter these codes, the item will immediately be marked as delivered but you'll still need to mark the item as paid if you collect payment at the time of delivery.

If you don't want to use the app, ask the buyer to sign a copy of the eBay order form at the time of pickup.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you haven’t sent the buyer an invoice, send an invoice and change the postage to local pick up.

go to the sold item and use the drop down menu, you should see « send invoice ». Open this page and then try and change postage to local pick up 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

As designer suggests and mark the item as paid then mark it as sent.

image host
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply