Can't set free postage.

How can ebay make this so counter intuitive. I tick the box that says Free Postage, and there appears next to it $0.00 filled in but when I post the ad, it does not say free postage it just says local pick up. See photo below. Why is this not working. I trashed the ad and started again with no luck.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can't set free postage.

You need to select standard postage from the drop down box in front of the free postage area.  Then free postage.  If you don;t select a postage type, it assumes pick up.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Can't set free postage.

This desn't work for me.  Pulling my hair out trying to set free postage.  Like the OP I tick the free postage box, and the ad preview shows pickup only.  This stays the same whatever I pick in the box before free postage, so the reply above does not work for me.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Can't set free postage.

Hi

I am having the same issue.  Did you ever manage to solve it.  Is it something to do with Ebay Australia?  I found tutorials on how to do this but they seem to refer to the US site.   Any help would be much appreciated.  I tried changing the box before the free shipping tick box as suggested in the forums in response to your post, but it does not make it work.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Can't set free postage.

Many things have changed in the last SIX years, including page layouts and postage options.

What worked then will be unlikely to work now.

Start a thread and provide a bit of detail will be more likely to elicit a useful answer.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Can't set free postage.

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply