Cheapest & Safest postage envelopes?

hsvcc64
Community Member

Hi,

Ive been selling quite a bit here on ebay & ive noticed the postage fees are ridiculous & high! Not to mention the ebay fees when you sell an item. For a thin bit of material to be posted, it costs $8.25? Are there any types of postage envelopes people can recommend that will still make sure the buyer receives their item in perfect condition & that doesn't cost a fortune? 

I dont like to raise my postage prices anymore because i know i dont know like to pay heaps of postage for an item, at the same time i dont want to raise the prices of my items because they wont sell. 

Kind of at a loss end with both sides! Any recommendations on how to cheaply send something or what type of envelope is the best. (Generally i sell things like clothes,etc) 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Im fairly new to selling but my main buyer complaint is overcharging of postage.  Im about to use the click and send approach. let you know how that goes. 

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

Can you use a C4 ( which is smaller than A4) plain plastic satchel and post it at $1.40 - as long as it's under 20mm thick?

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

Sure can.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

Yes, just don't exceed the following:

Length 360 mm
Width   260 mm
Thickness 20 mm
Weight 500 grams
Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

Nope.

$1.40 is for C5.

C4's are $3.20 individually, and the other size available is a B5, I think. It is marginally bigger than the C4 and I think go for $3.70.

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

Sorry $1.40 WAS for the C5. They are now $1.70, but if you buy 100 you'll get a whopping 5% discount.

I did it before the postage went up, so I have a few items I can sell for at the original price before I have to change my listings.

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply