Cheapest way of sending parcel

I wonder if anyone can suggest the cheapest way to send a 15 kg parcel interstate from Vic to SA?

Would it be cheaper to use a freight company or AP's 3 x 5 kg satchels?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

sorry I wasn't suggesting that you use only one B4 box - as you suggested 3 satchels, I was just saying you could use 3 x B4 boxes - of course you need to use the ebay online postage labels

so if you buy three boxes at $3.35 each at ebay label at $15.05 each that adds up to $55.20

if you send one parcel at 15 kg from 3000 to 5000 postcodes it is $28.20 or say 16 k with packing is $29.25 plus cost of box

or 3 ebay satchels at $11.91 each = $35.73

so my first answer was wrong!    Straight postage is the go!   (Who'd a thought?)

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Only responding to you as you are the last poster.

Why not just go to Bunnings or Harvey Norman (and there are a lot of other places), and get a decent sized box from them - FREE. The ones from Harvey Norman in particular are very sturdy.  I regularly go to their back door and get 50x50x(up to) 75cm boxes.  

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people pay for boxes - and I can say I have never had a complaint from a buyer because I used a 'recycled' box.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Only responding to you as you are the last poster.

Why not just go to Bunnings or Harvey Norman (and there are a lot of other places), and get a decent sized box from them - FREE. The ones from Harvey Norman in particular are very sturdy.  I regularly go to their back door and get 50x50x(up to) 75cm boxes.  

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people pay for boxes - and I can say I have never had a complaint from a buyer because I used a 'recycled' box.

Or, if you know anyone that works at a hospital, ask them to get you some Baxter boxes. They are the best boxes I have ever used. They are very tough and very sturdy.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Very risky sending in 3 separate satchels if they are paid for on one invoice. Probably invalidate your Paypal seller protection plus it triples the risk of a parcel going missing then you have an unhappy buyer and a refund to deal with.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply