Check out the new Australian Online Business Index

danieloz@ebay.com
Community Member
In December 2009, eBay conducted a survey among the top 3,000 sellers on eBay.com.au.

The results of the survey have been compiled into a new publication, the Online Business Index launched today.

Two key findings from the Online Business Index include:
• 67% of those surveyed were optimistic about their 12 month business outlook with 38% expecting to increase staffing levels during the period
• sellers use an average of 2.5 sales channels (such as eBay, traditional bricks and mortar, their own website etc) with eBay accounting for 63% of all sales on average

The Online Business Index also asked respondents how the government can further assist with the development of the burgeoning sector. The results and report including case studies are well worth checking out.

Regards,
The eBay Team

Daniel
The eBay Team
To contact eBay, click here

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

who_can_it_be_now
Community Member
Well of course if you survey the top sellers then they are going to be optimistic. They are the ones who are already doing well. Therefore the result is exactly what you would expect.

How about surveying those thousands (possibly millions) of sellers who are suffering because of the changes ebay has made?

I'm sure the results would be vastly different.

Yet another survey that was a waste of time.
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Because those lower level sellers do not deserve a voice in ebays "New World Order"

BOZO
BOZO
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Goes to show that of all the millions of sellers on eBay there are only 3000 top sellers
to me that says something about how ebay treat sellers
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

ruby_blue_boutique
Community Member
Top 3,000 sellers, pfft, Try surveying the ppl who were making a living off ebay a year ago with a profitable growing business and now cant make a sale on here
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

rusticprints
Community Member
Killer, couldn't agree more, my little business was growing year after year and along came best match and it is all but destroyed, that was after 5 years of loyalty to Ebay. Sadly Loyalty is not in Ebay's vocabulary.
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

shike119
Community Member
among the top 3,000 sellers
:-(
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Hey guys,

I thought I was one of the better sellers on Ebay but even I wasn't approached by Ebay regarding this index or survey.

To think that my business with over 56,000 feedback and averaging around 1000 sales a month doesn't even qualify as a top seller?
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

a-book-amore
Community Member
This started as a lose thread.

No response.

So Daniel pins it (as if there aren't more important threads).

And so far, only 8 replies - including mine - and all of them negative.

What were you expecting eBay? Lots of luuuuurve? Because if you were, I think that acupuncture is the wrong medicine and you need to resort to more traditional remedies:

I.E.

stop fiddling with yourself - or you'll go blind.

Booka
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Lol @ the above.

My thoughts exactly B-)

BOZO
BOZO
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply