Choice of Shipping Methods

Up until recently Australia Post had removed the option of shipping CDs overseas as Economy Air Letters, they had to be sent as parcels (much more expensive). I discovered today that things have changed and I can once again ship CDs as large letters to most overseas destinations. Unfortunately eBay does not show Australia Post Economy Air as a shipping option. As a consequence potential overseas buyers, when checking the shipping cost of a CD to their country, see that they will have to pay the parcel rate. I am sure that this turns off many overseas buyers as they don't want to pay $20 shipping (rather than $10, say). Will ebay change its option to keep up with the real situation? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You would have to ask eBay.

They are notoriously slow in updating shipping methods/prices though.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Can I ask where you found out that CDs can be sent overseas again as large letters?? Australia Post website is still saying they have cancelled (for good) the option of sending merchandise overseas as large letters. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You would set up the shipping cost yourself in your listing by selecting letter or parcel.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I visited the local post office this morning with yhe intention of posting a CD to Hong Kong. I hade expected to have to pay about $20 to ship it as a parcel but was charged only $5.10. The lady on the counter told me that Economy Air for large letters had been reintroduced for many countries. I checked on Australia Post's website where you can find lists of potage options for all the countries of the world listed in alphabetical order. If you are able to find that list you will see that most, though not all, allow for CDs to be posted as large letters (shipping time is 25+ days). Incidentally, if this was not allowed the lady would not have been able to process my Customs declaration on her computer.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ignore my last post. Although the lady at the post office told me that I could now post CDs as Economy Air Letters , ladies at two other post offices told me that this was not the case. CDs can only be shipped oversas as parcels. Sorry about that.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply