Click & Collect Woolworths Ambiguous

It's now 3 sales where I've filed an unpaid item claim only to get a message from the buyer thinking they can pay for the item at Woolworths when they collect their item - pay on pickup.

I know you can't make every system foolproof but there must be a way to inform buyers they can't pay on pickup.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Click & Collect Woolworths Ambiguous

Not addressing this post to any particular member but it is pretty obvious many members do not understand the difference between Click and Collect at Woolworths and Click and Collect from the seller's own store.

With the C & C from Woolworths the system is not yet available Australia wide....it is more widespread than the original Sydney and Tasmania but still quite limited.  And sellers have to fulfil quite strict criteria before ebay invite them to use the system.

Included in the criteria is that the seller has to offer Free postage.  Instead of posting to the buyer they post to Woolworths but as everyone knows postage is not free....the seller pays postage whether they send to the buyer or to Woolworths,

There is no provision for the buyer to pay when the collect the item from Woolworths or in the case of Big W being the pick up venue the parcel is collected at the layby counter.  You have to have the barcode sent by ebay when you collect the item.

As for C & C from a major store....that is definitely still available.  There was a very recent promotion for a significant discount if you used the service.  That is strictly between the seller and the buyer...ebay does not get involved at all.  I used it several months ago to purchase 2 items from the Good Guys.  The seller notified me when the items were ready for pick up in the store that I had nominated....ebay had nothing to do with it at all.

Message 21 of 51
Latest reply

Well said and written lyndal

Message 22 of 51
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Not addressing this post to any particular member but it is pretty obvious many members do not understand the difference between Click and Collect at Woolworths and Click and Collect from the seller's own store.

With the C & C from Woolworths the system is not yet available Australia wide....it is more widespread than the original Sydney and Tasmania but still quite limited.  And sellers have to fulfil quite strict criteria before ebay invite them to use the system.

Included in the criteria is that the seller has to offer Free postage.  Instead of posting to the buyer they post to Woolworths but as everyone knows postage is not free....the seller pays postage whether they send to the buyer or to Woolworths,

There is no provision for the buyer to pay when the collect the item from Woolworths or in the case of Big W being the pick up venue the parcel is collected at the layby counter.  You have to have the barcode sent by ebay when you collect the item.

As for C & C from a major store....that is definitely still available.  There was a very recent promotion for a significant discount if you used the service.  That is strictly between the seller and the buyer...ebay does not get involved at all.  I used it several months ago to purchase 2 items from the Good Guys.  The seller notified me when the items were ready for pick up in the store that I had nominated....ebay had nothing to do with it at all.

Really all you did there was point out how it works, which I think most if not all of us here know, but the question is it easy for the average buyer to understand and personally I would say as it is currently it is not that clear. The way it is a percentage of buyers will believe they can pay when they pick up the item this could easily be solve with a simple pop up. I will ask why you think if a customer buys from the good guys with click and collect and pays in the store why they should assume the Woolworth's click and pay works any different? 

The problem is you assume buyers have taken the time to work out how things work when in fact I think most of us here know only a very small percentage of buyers actually do

Message 23 of 51
Latest reply

I did not pay instore at the Good Guys when I used Click and Collect.  I used an ebay promotion that required payment by paypal in order to get a 20% discount from ebay.  TGG still got their full price but I received a discount from ebay.

The Good Guys ebay store is based in Victoria I believe but you are given a choice of stores to pick up from....all within easy travelling distance of your registered ebay address.  I just chose the store where I normally shop.

I have never paid in store when I used Click and Collect...either Woolworths or the B & M stores who alse trade on ebay.

Message 24 of 51
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I did not pay instore at the Good Guys when I used Click and Collect.  I used an ebay promotion that required payment by paypal in order to get a 20% discount from ebay.  TGG still got their full price but I received a discount from ebay.

The Good Guys ebay store is based in Victoria I believe but you are given a choice of stores to pick up from....all within easy travelling distance of your registered ebay address.  I just chose the store where I normally shop.

I have never paid in store when I used Click and Collect...either Woolworths or the B & M stores who alse trade on ebay.

Sorry but you are still not answering the question 'is the current system easy for buyers to understand?' yes I know it is easy for you as it is easy for me and more than likely most people who use the forum no one is saying it is not. It is not about if you or me can work it out it is a matter it could be confusing to an average buyer and at the end of the day that is what counts.

Message 25 of 51
Latest reply

you are correct  247   some people think that if i know where dandenong is everybody should know that.

you are right some buyers see a sign and says click &collect and would think it would be the same in woolies as it is in the good-guys.   which is fair enough  so that needs a little tweek to fix that problem. 

Message 26 of 51
Latest reply

The difference between C&C Woollies as opposed to C&C Good Guys or Dick Smith is, when you buy from GG or DS and pay/pick up in store, you are buying from them. They are selling the items you are buying. You just purchase online and pick up in store. Not much different to just going to the store, picking what you want and then paying for it. 

Items picked up at Woollies or Big W are not bought from them, therefore, they shouldn't be handling any of the purchase price. They aren't advertising and selling the items picked up from them. Items picked up from the PO are no different, they aren't selling the items that the buyer is picking up, so why buyers would think they could pay on pick up at Woollies/Big W when they don't pay on pick up at the post office is beyond me.

Message 27 of 51
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Sorry but you are still not answering the question 'is the current system easy for buyers to understand?' yes I know it is easy for you as it is easy for me and more than likely most people who use the forum no one is saying it is not. It is not about if you or me can work it out it is a matter it could be confusing to an average buyer and at the end of the day that is what counts.

I am not sure why you think I am not answering the question.

As a buyer of reasonable intelligence I find it perfectly straight forward, so in my opinion it is simple enough.

Obviously in your experience your buyers find it difficult to understand, so why are you asking for other opinions if you don't want to accept them.

Everyone is different so it is obvious that we are not going to agree.  If you believe it can be simplified you could always make suggestions to ebay on how t simplify the system.

Message 28 of 51
Latest reply

The stores selling their own merchandise are fine,that is no different than buying on their own websites then going in to collect. It's using the unrelated stores to pickup items from that I have the problem with. There are enough problems finding a lost parcel when it goes missing already without added another party into the mix.
Message 29 of 51
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I am not sure why you think I am not answering the question.

As a buyer of reasonable intelligence I find it perfectly straight forward, so in my opinion it is simple enough.

Obviously in your experience your buyers find it difficult to understand, so why are you asking for other opinions if you don't want to accept them.

Everyone is different so it is obvious that we are not going to agree.  If you believe it can be simplified you could always make suggestions to ebay on how t simplify the system.

Wow I do not offer c+c I do not have a problem. I can however look at things from others point of view and see possible problems I DID offer a possible simple solution in that it would just take a simple pop up between purchasing and paying this would only have to be read once but it can make it clear the item needs to be paid for before it is posted. I am sure there are other, more than liely better solutions which is the point of a forum to brain storm and look for solutions to problems

I really do not see why you can not look at this as though you was new part time buyer as a LARGE percentage of buyers will be rather than as a seasoned buyer.

Going by your logic I can juggle 5 balls easily so I could say it is easy for people to juggle 5 balls go and throw 5 balls in the air and see how long you last. Anyhting is easy if you know how to do it but the majority of buyers on Ebay do so as a hobby not a profession.

Message 30 of 51
Latest reply