Click & Collect forced opt in.

go-tazz
Community Member

Just received a message on both accounts:

Click & Collect from 26 April

Sent:18-Apr-16 08:00

From 26 April, Click & Collect will be enabled on your account. Click & Collect is a great way to boost your sales by offering an additional level of service. Rather than sending an item to a person's home, simply post it to the Woolworths or Big W address they choose.

So it looks like anyone that has opted out in the past will now be opted in.
I can't opt out via preferences as I haven't got it listed in there,(so I presume I opted out at some time),Who knows.gif

As long as they don't put it back in as I wont be using it.
Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Click & Collect forced opt in.

Lay by department?

Click and collect items are collected from specially installed lockers in selected Woolies & Big W stores, accessed with the eBay code sent to the buyer when the item is ready (that's what I've experienced as a buyer).

image.jpeg

Message 11 of 68
Latest reply

why is it big companys are allways doing these things sneaky. rather than doing a publicity campaign saying 'hey boys and girls, our boffins have come up with this great new way to get YOUR items to YOUR buyers, heres a LINK, try it out now for FREE'

no, they just opt us all in to it then make us opt out of it, but they hide the opt out switch in amongst our setting so you need a road map to find it.

all this does is annoy the you no what out of us.

Message 12 of 68
Latest reply

They trialled in selected areas for quite a long while.

There was no secrecy about it.

Message 13 of 68
Latest reply

i didnt know about it until i was opted into it, i wasnt asked would i like to use it first.

Message 14 of 68
Latest reply

I received a message about this today with it commencing 26 April.  Does anybody know if opting out will affect the search ranking in best match for items with or without click and collect or is there no difference?  I am not a very experienced seller so my apologies if that question has been answered before.

Message 15 of 68
Latest reply

@thereallygoodbookshopcomau wrote:

I received a message about this today with it commencing 26 April.  Does anybody know if opting out will affect the search ranking in best match for items with or without click and collect or is there no difference?  I am not a very experienced seller so my apologies if that question has been answered before.

I don't know if it will affect actual search rankings, but there is a Click n' Collect search filter (i.e. whenever a buyer is looking for something, they can filter out all listings that don't have Click & Collect).

I wouldn't think it's used a significant amount, though. 

Message 16 of 68
Latest reply

For your info: this is E-Bays take on their market research on Click & Collect :

2 out of 5 buyers said they would buy more often ....................

1 out of 4 buyers would increase their level of purchasing on E-Bay...............

To be honest that is a really poor result for such a massive input of resources AND to automatically include every seller in this project without their express consent is really poor judgement on E-Bays part as well, considering they are always spruiking to only provide a platform for their sellers ......

Message 17 of 68
Latest reply

and those buyers were from their own staff lol

Message 18 of 68
Latest reply

Not quite.

I was recently sent a (genuine) eBay survey about Click & Collect, with questions that were reasonably intelligent.

I expect that those were the results. To be fair to eBay they are polling actual users this year, quite regularly. On topics from what do you want to see more of on eBay through to how useful is Click & Collect (and what would make a buyer give it a try).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 19 of 68
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

Lay by department?

Click and collect items are collected from specially installed lockers in selected Woolies & Big W stores, accessed with the eBay code sent to the buyer when the item is ready (that's what I've experienced as a buyer).

image.jpeg

This is new Cathy....when I used the C & C option at Christmas time all 3 items had to be picked up at the layby department.

As of last weekend there was no sign of these lockers anywhere in or near the Big W store that is nearest to me and where I would normally pick up from.

Message 20 of 68
Latest reply