Combined invoice, buyer has used checkout, but not paid.

Buyer has bought a number of items and used checkout, but not paid.

What is the best way to do a combined invoice.

Barrie

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Go to the first item she bought in your sold list, drop down the menu at the right and select Send Invoice, the system will bring all her purchases into one invoice, you add combined postage and send.  Do not use the recalulate button, it does the opposite of what you would think, it takes the toatl back to what you started with.  Just add or change the postage and send the invoice.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Unfortuately once checkout is used this option is no longer available.

They had contacted me before purchase and I gave them detailed instructions,

which they ignored.

I have not had this problem for a long time and am not sure of the way to solve
the problem if possible.

Barrie

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Try marking it as unpaid first then send invoice should appear.

And follow penny's advice.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

None of them have been paid for, and I have tried every way I can think of
to combine, but none of the workarounds work.

I think I may have to call ebay to se if they can rest the checkout.

Barrie

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions and nothing could be done to fix it. I had to edit all the listings except one to show free postage and then send a separate combined invoice through paypal. I then marked them all paid. Hopefully this meant I only paid fees for postage on the first item.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Buyer has chosen to pay via bank transfer then I am presuming? At least that means you dont have to worry about the buyer protection of paypal reversals having to match actual invoice. Its only a matter of fvf matching actual amount paid. Is this a signficant amout?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, it is marked as bank tranfer, but it is an O/S buyer, from New Zealand.

Barrie

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

If they are using bank deposit from NZ, it's going to cost them a fortune in transfer rates. I sold some things to a buyer in NZ a few years ago and we both bank with Westpac. I figured that would make things simple. I asked my step daughter who was working at a different bank and she said don't do it because the fees and charges to both parties would be huge. Even though it's Westpac in NZ, it's still considered an overseas transaction. If the buyer had've deposited the $250AU or whatever it was, I would have been lucky to see half of it as both the buyer and myself incur the charges.

I would be insisting they pay via PayPal. You should be able to send them an invoice directly from PayPal. I'm not sure how as I've never done it, but someone here will be able to tell you. You can then mark the item as being paid.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

If you decide to insist on paypal you can easily send them an invoice through paypal. Just sign in to pp, then click on 'Send and Request' up the top of the page, then on Request Money. They send a very professional looking invoice these days. You need to have the buyer's email address and their paypal email address may not be the same as their ebay email.

You may or may not know it but once they go through checkout you pay fees on the total postage amount that showed in checkout, ie. the total of all the individual postage amounts.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply