Combined postage only works sometimes

On some occasions, I've had buyers contact me to say that they're trying to check out multiple items, but the shipping is not combining as per my policies.

For example, today a buyer in the US says that she's trying to buy 4 items, which should combine into a postage total of about $35, but it's showing her full postage cost for each item at checkout. My base rate is $26 plus $3 for each additional and all 4 items fall under the same business policy.

This doesn't happen all the time, just randomly. 

Am I missing a step in the policies and setup of postage?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

For some reason the combined postage doesn't work well on phones

So if the buyer only has a phone, or has a problem requesting an invoice, you can offer to refund the excess, or ask them for a list of the items they want and make a special listing for them with the correct postage.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Given you have buy it now with immediate payment required, I'm not sure how any of your buyers can take advantage of combined postage. Regardless of any postage policies. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Using the cart

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@sons - BIN and IP has nothing to do with how the invoice combines. I've been doing it this way for more than 5 years, so I know it's possible.

In fact, the same buyer managed to buy the 4 items from me in the end, without me changing anything.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply