Combined postage

If I list an item I usually estimate the weight and add some for the weight of the box (200gr). If someone buys multiple items then everytime the weight of the box is added and the postage rates are ridiculous compared to the value of the items.

If I go to multiple buys and want to send an invoice ebay doesn't let me change the postage fees downwards. How doi I work around that?

And why is it so that I cannot change the postage charge?

I had one buyer complaining about the ebay charges (I sent the invoive without changing) and I have to refund manually which of course takes a lot of time.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Combined postage

When you send the invoice and change postage cost down, DONT click recalculate.

That reverts it back to the original.

Just preview to check and send.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Combined postage

You may want to experiment a little with eBay's rate table option, because you can set up postage costs and discounts according to weights. It's especially useful for sellers who use couriers and want to specify different costs to different locations, but also once you select to use rate tables, you get the option to set up blocks on buyers by region (often very useful for plant sellers who are not able to send to all areas of Australia).

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/shipping-costs.html#tables

The other alternative is combined postage discounts, as you can account for reductions in some costs either by a specified dollar value, or percentage. Those apply automatically in about 75% of circumstances, it just depends a little on how the buyer purchases and what device they're using (note, the discount rule has to be applied to all listings that you want it to affect, and the postage service selected has to be identical, so if you have one that uses "standard postage" as the default option, and another that uses "Australia Post Parcel Post", the discount won't automatically apply and a manual invoice will still be required). 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Combined postage

Thanks for the tips! I always clicked recalculate of course. I use Australia post always.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply