Combining invoices

Hi,

I have a buyer who is purchasing two items from me. I put those items into a combined invoice so she could save a few dollars on postage. The invoice showed the correct amount but when she paid the amount came up for only one item and the original postae amount. I refunded her and sent a new invoice asking her not to got through and pay at the end if the amount was still incorrect. She wrote and said it was still showing for one item even though the invoice she received was for the two items and correct postage. She is paying through Paypal.

In my ebay account the items are showing as being together waiting for the one payment.

Is this a problem on the invoice or on Paypals end?

Many thanks,

Michele

P.S. I have done combined invoices before and have never had this problem.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Combining invoices

Same thing happened to me today. Never happened before today.

Sent invoice with combined postage but they paid for one only. Had to change the postage on the second item to $0.00 and re-invoice the second item which they paid separately.

Problem is (apart from the stuffing around) for example is that two PayPal fees for say $50 each is more than a combined one for $100.  

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

My buyer only bought the two items and then tried to pay immediately after I sent the invoice.  I find when they buy further items it's best to re-send the first invoice because it usually includes the later purchases, but invoicing the later purchases almost always never includes the items on the first invoice.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

@englishrosegardens wrote:

My buyer only bought the two items and then tried to pay immediately after I sent the invoice.  I find when they buy further items it's best to re-send the first invoice because it usually includes the later purchases, but invoicing the later purchases almost always never includes the items on the first invoice.

That's good to know, thanks!

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

@sydney-diecast-kingdom wrote:

Same thing happened to me today. Never happened before today.

Sent invoice with combined postage but they paid for one only. Had to change the postage on the second item to $0.00 and re-invoice the second item which they paid separately.

Problem is (apart from the stuffing around) for example is that two PayPal fees for say $50 each is more than a combined one for $100.  

Yep. 30c

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

If it was only 30c I wouldn't care.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

At 30c + 2.6% 2 x $50 payments would be 2 x $1.60 = $3.20.

1 x $100 would be $2.90.

Unless you have a different deal with Paypal.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

Yes PayPal and I have a special agreement.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply