Communicating with somebody reasonable at Ebay

I just have no idea of what I should do.

I sell via my own website, real world store, use google and social media and ebay.  I sell domestic appliances and customers want information about shipping or warranties etc before placing orders.

I have traded on ebay for 5 years with no issues until recently.

I had several seven day restrictions for issues of one kind or another with giving out contact information.  I had not in fact done this but my text was triggering automated systems to think I had done something wrong.  

I would phone up and speak to an agent and  each time they would say "looks like a mistake" and lift the restriction.

This happened again in December but the agent basically said that they would not lift the restriction due to me having had a number of previous restrictions  (even though these restrictions were lifted as I had done nothing wrong).

Now pretty much every message that I send to a customer says "you must purchase the item BEFORE I am able to give you any contact information" or "if you have found me via ebay then you must purchase via ebay".

Last night I received an email from ebay to say that my account has been "premanently restricted".

The reason seems to be that a customer asked me whether I sold a particular item and I sent them the link to the item for sale on ebay.  Thats right a link to an item for sale ON EBAY.

I phoned and spoke to an agent who spoke to her manager and she told me over the phone that this was wrong and she would message the team dealing with restrictions to tell them this and ask for my account to reinstated.

The problem is that I am completely paranoid about replying to any customer message about anything in case I use a wrong word or phrase.

Also, even if they reinstate my account it will only be till the "next time" the system picks up something it does not like.  This is fine if you can speak to someone who is reasonable but it seems from my previous experience that an agent decided I was guilty of wrong doing based around the fact that I had had previous restrictions even though they had been lifted when a person looked at them and decided that the system had made mistakes.

I have a family and a mortgage and responsibilities.

I sell using different channels and if you take away one of those channels you take away my profit.  My entire livelyhood is therefore at stake based around something that I have no control over.

Can anyone offer any help or advice as to how I can have a conversation with anyone at ebay to find out what I have to do.  Please don't say "just comply with thier rules" as I already do this but it seems that this is not enough.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Communicating with somebody reasonable at Ebay

Duplicate thread.

image host
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply