Community chat

Hi, 1st time here. 

Can anyone tell me if they are seeing no sales or less sales in last 6 months

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Community chat

No. Since February when I got the increased free listings, my sales have increased.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

I am only a hobby seller and I have seen a downturn in the last 2 years

Especially in the last few months.

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

Some folks have ...some have not. Plenty of other threads around about low sales.

My sales were ticking along until 2 weeks ago when I decided to add more items so setup an ebay shop. For the last 2 weeks I have seen a drop of 90% on my sales. Lucky to get 2-3 sales a day. Funny thing is it has affected all 3 of my accounts (2 do not have shops). Sales have dropped to almost nothing. However today I have had 14 sales across 2 selling accounts. I cant figure it. Ebay throttling - maybe ...just no one buying - maybe could be anything.

Well at least I made beer money this week so I am happy.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

@roseychook wrote:

Hi, 1st time here. 

Can anyone tell me if they are seeing no sales or less sales in last 6 months

I'm seeing considerably less over the last 12 months Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

buyers have more choice these days, ebay is just 1 of many online shopping avenues

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

Sales are significantly down for me, now selling about 20% to 25% of what I used to sell, on a steady decline since the end of 2015.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

I,m not listing any new items, but this month has been the worst in the last 5 years. I might have to pull my finger out and start putting up a few new listings to get things going again, before they grind to a complete stop.

Once your sell through rate drops, your visibility drops and it starts a vicious downward cycle that can be hard to get out of if left too long. New, fresh listings of popular selling items can help break the cycle .

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

Numerous factors will determine where your items appear when a visitor does an item search.

A critical factor is what EBay determine is your "Transaction Defect Rate" (TDR).  Once your TDR exceeds 0.30% over a rolling 3 month period then your listings shift from the first few pages of search results to the end of the pack.

In our case we had 3 "defects" (which is a whole new story) out of 955 transactions over 3 months.

As such we were slapped with a ""Below Standard" rating, our listings were dropped to oblivion in the search results and sales dropped from 70-80 per week to just 3-4.

To add insult to injury, when you do make a sale, Ebay hold the sale proceeds for 14-21 days.

Ah, the joys of selling on EBay!!

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Community chat

As mentioned by some-one else on a similar thread on the PS forum, the 0.3% transaction defect rate refers to cases in the resolution centre which are not resolved by the seller. If the buyer asks ebay to step in, sellers are hit with a defect. Three of these in a year and your selling account is severly restricted.

For most normal defects, a seller is allowed 2% before they are classed as below standard and face visibility issues etc. Unfortunately the moral of the story is REFUND, REFUND, REFUND or find another occupation.

I dont think defects are the reason for my sales dropping away. ( I dont have very many ).  It is mainly due to me not spending the time on ebay as I am building an alternative business venture at the moment. You only get out of ebay, what you put in. If you want good sales you need to be answering questions promptly, mailing daily, listing new fresh stock on a regular basis to keep loing term buyers interested and revise / refresh older listings. I,m not doing any of these things at the moment and my sales are falling away.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply