Congratulations Ebay on your new changes!

I have been making a living on Ebay for over 10 years now. Sales vary at times but a month ago I would have considered $200 a day to be poor. Occasionally I had days of $50 which I usually considered was due to my own failings. This however was very very rare. A good day would be $500+ Well with the new changes recently put into effect by Ebay its a very different picture. Friday I beleive I turned over $48, Saturday $18 Sunday $9. Now $0...... A few days ago i was complaining about an 80% reduction in sales (though it was worse than that) Now nothing at all. All good things must come to an end I suppose.....

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

how very true its sad to see the old ebay go , i believe it will end in near future what aa shame eh

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

eBay won't end but I do see it becoming Amazon - All large sellers and little room for the hobby or small seller as charges will simply be too hard to absorb by anyone other than a high volume seller. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Forgive my Typos above. I should really proof read before posting.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

What is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

Those ebay $$$ you were making didn't just disappear.

Another group of sellers are now selling your items with free listings for a cheaper price or you customers are finding GST free items o/seas with free postage to boot.

Pretty hard to compete in that marketplace.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Yes thats true. This thread would make more sence except my above comments have been removed by the moderation team.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I think the party's just about over for a lot of us. Been coming for ages. Something about killing the golden goose methinks. 2003 to 2010 were good years, since then I have often thought to give it away.  Profits aside, the enjoyment has just about gone, which is bad news. Hardly worth the effort listing this year. Fees too high, too many NPBs and other time-wasters these days.  Also a bit fed up of eBay/PayPal making more on my sales than I do. Best way to make money is to start an auction website that gets some moderate success, then wait for ebay to buy you out of competition/business!

Maybe a good time to get off the computer and see what it's like outside!

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

WISE WORDS!

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Ebay impress upon us how important communication is but they don't communicate with us.

They can advertise proposed changes and ask for our opinions and input but they don't.

They give you the impression it's a case of give us your money and shut up.

TCT
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Its a tough market, or so they say but it is like everything in life, sink or swim...change and adapt or use what ever tired cliche that floats your boat, but I saw all of the new challenges as a way to stand out from the competition and while everyone went and put up their postage prices to meet the new standard, we dropped our by $1.00 and our sales are booming..each month we have been generating new sales records and we have only had accellerated sales since the new changes. I know some of you have not seen me post on these boards...so I may appear new to some of you however we too make a living from selling here on the site and trade right now for us is hot

There once was a man named Dwight....
Who could travel faster than light......
He went out one day.....in a relative way...and returned the previous night ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply