Contacting eBay

Have things changed in the past few months in regards to contacting eBay ?

I had a couple of listings removed due to some no-life eNarc having a cry to eBay over apparent "Keyword Spamming"...no big deal to me as I was attempting to advertise a Kincrome tool drawers that also fits upon both Kinchrome and Sidchrome tool cabinet bases. 

Anyway I re-worded the listing to make it perfectly clear to any eNarc's the cabinet fits both Kincrome & Sidchrome, HOWEVER before listing the items again wanted to contact eBay and check the listing complied with it's ten million or so policies. Any I couldn't find either "Live Chat", nor a "Phone Number" for eBay any longer, only email contact.

Is this correct and they only operate by email contact these days, or am I looking in the wrong area to find eBay's contact details?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Contacting eBay

You sound angry, so instead of poking you with a stick i will just use it to point out the top right-Customer Service,then follow the prompts & you can request CS to ring you back which usually takes under 5min.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

It's not always an e-narc that reports your listings, sometimes the eBay bots pick it up.

If you get no joy from Customer Service, list one of the ads, then post the item number here and the experienced sellers will be able to tell you if it is violating any policies. At least that way you can go straight in and make any revisions that may be needed.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

He listed 1 of them,lots of red angry type in there too! With much repetition on the SIDCHROME socket oh dang it now he's gonna yell at me

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

5kazam
Community Member

To answer the question you actually asked :

Go to Customer Support > Contact eBay > Selling > Click on any area you think may be appropriate > then you will find  'Contact Us' > 

then the options of Call Us/Chat with Us/Email.

IMO there are too many posters looking to find something wrong with a person's litsting (so called listing violations!!!) instead of answering the question that has been asked.

I believe that once you have contacted eBay yourself and sorted out whether your listing complies with eBay's policies, then that will be that,  and there will be no need for others to tell you where you allegedly went wrong, which currently seems to be a bent on this forum.

And not a pleasing one - I thought the forum's were to HELP other members, not crucify them.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

You can ring eBay on the phone number in this link... http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1476
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

I only suggested it because I have seen other sellers try to do the same thing, told their listing would be fine, then eBay goes and removes it. Just because they say it's OK at the time, doesn't mean they'll still think that after it's listed.

I would have thought getting that sort of advice would be helpful if listings keep getting removed and you can't see why.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

I just had a look at the listing and I like it! I like the humour attached to it. I just wish I was going to Sydney some time soon because I would bid on it. Mostly because I need a Sidchrome socket 😄 The tool chest would be handy too.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

....and you can't see why......

I think it is because I have seen so many of your posts over the last few weeks on numerous threads where you come over (to me at least) of knowing everything about listing items - and you are so quick to point out where 'violations' have occurred, reporting sellers to eBay, and my list could go on.  

It's not only you, but several other posters who seem to jump on the fact that an 'i' isn't dotted, or the proverbial 't' not crossed, before you give them a hard time.

My opinion is that its about time you got off your hobby horse - AND ACTUALLY ANSWERED A QUESTION PUT UP BY SOMEONE ASKING FOR HELP, instead of going off on your usual tangent. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Contacting eBay

I just saw your post.  Happy to see that you see this one for what it is.  Amusing.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply