Continue with Ebay store or cancel subscription

Now that many of us are on the new MP system, I'm just wondering if it's worth it to continue with a store subscription?

When I first opened it in 2014, there were listing limits depending on which subscription you paid for.

Now I'm given to understand that we can list several thousand items without listing fees on MP? I generally have under 400 items in this store and don't plan on any substantial increase.

So, besides having a store front/brand and slightly cheaper fees (offset by the cost of the subscription), are there any other REAL benefits to having a store?

Does the vacation/time away mode work if you don't have a store?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@twyngwyn wrote:

I don't much like the new design either...but again, the benefit now, is that  you get to keep your customer within the store (like the good ol' days)...

and if you have everything 'lumped together' will your buyers be prepared to do a 'search'?

I never look at someone's store. I hate the layouts. I always just use the see other items option if I want to see what else a seller has. I know I'm probably in the minority, but store fronts are wasted on me. I wouldn't know if someone had flashy banners, or florally borders because I don't see them.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

@jfmgray wrote:

digi - for clarification - are you saying that the below are only store features and non store sellers can not access things like promotional postage rates and coupon codes??  I never knew these things were only for stores.

"..and promotions manager, which includes things like promotional postage rates, volume discounts and coupon codes"

Apparently - I can't check for sure because I don't have an account set up for selling other than my current store, but it says here that these tools are for store subscribers:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/selling-tools/promotions-manager?id=4094

This is an overview of the features in the new store design, in case that's of interest to anyone:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/ebay-stores/manage-ebay-store?id=4090

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply