Copped my first Negative...

Well, it's finally happened, I copped my first negative in over 7 years selling on eBay.

Called Customer Service to see if I can get the negative removed and was no help at all, stating that the buyer was reflecting on his experience.

Negative feed back remark was "This was not even full! Cant believe i paid $7 for this."

My listing states Super Lube Mini 2cc but henry who loves his jesus christ expected the tube to be full, I contacted henry to see if he could tell me how many Millilitres (2cc = 2ml) was in his tube but I doubt that I will get a response.

The only recommendation that Customer Service suggested was to revise my listing, I tried to point out that if she bought a bottle of softdrink there would be air in the bottle as well as the softdrink but this wouldn't indicate that the bottle held less than the required amount of softdrink in the bottle, but this fell on deaf ears.

Now to think up a follow up reply...

2cc + H20 = Fool

Cheers

Hidiho

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Wow, he's a real weirdo, he's definitely the buyer "from hell". I can't believe he dishes out negs and nuets so liberally. Definitely abuses the feedback system. It should be reserved for blatantly dishonest sellers, not the likes of you.
Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

Thanks importarama, his feedback to sellers is definitely leaving a pattern, just noticed another of his feedback's has been added/revised in the last 5 minutes. 

"I know it may not be your fault cos track status did not change"

Joe, your suggestion was taken on board and has been changed on my listing

Cheers

Hidiho

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

Joe, more people would know what 2cc is rather than 2mils. 2 mils or 2 mil is short for 2 million. The OP would be much better using the correct abbreviation if he wants to adjust his lustings and that is 2ml or 2mL. 2mls is also acceptable. 

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

Firstly, having sold 109 of these already and only having one neg for this item means that your buyers, except for henry, know what they are buying.

Now, I'm going to look at your situation from a different tact to the other posters so far.  Here is a screengrab from the listing I got to when I clicked on the 'view item' link on the feedback henry left.

superlube.JPG

The red outline I have put on the pic is clearly an air bubble, and I think most people who view the pic would say that this is clear.  Perhaps take a pic of the tube in the vertical position to show the air bubble a bit more clearly i.e. up near the nozzle.

The text I have highlighted might be the real reason henry is not impressed with his purchase.  The text indicates that it is a trial size complimentary sample and, as such, he may now be feeling ripped off.  The pic also has reference to 10ml, but this is clearly the standard order size produced by this company.

To put this tube size in perspective it might be worthwhile to place a 50 cent coin next to the tube.  This would be a better way to convey the actual size, as 2cc or 2ml would not register for people unless they are used to working with such small quantities.  I mention this not because there is anything wrong with your listing, but only a measure to prevent another situation like you find yourself in.

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

I would as you say wait a day or 2 to reply to the feedback with something like

"God Bless you+ however air bubbles are in all tubes and a space has to allow for movement"

Tongue in cheeck.  Remember it will be gone in 12 months... annoying I know but you know you've done the right thing and I agree with a comment previously made.... why didn't he contact you prior to leaving feedback, being a "Christian" you would have thought that if Hengry loves God... he sees good in everyone♥  obviously he is a Sunday Christian?

Just read your good comments when you feel it gets you down♥

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

sorry spelling error mls is correct  as  the op  has changed it and added mls   but should still change the picture tho  as  it says 10 mls in the picture.  but thanks for pointeing out my miss  spelling   the op has fixed the it already 

wow you spelt listing wrong  lol         and read up the page he has changed the listing earlier on today

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

correct k1ooo   as i already pointed out to the op   that picture should change and a coin a good idea   but it would be more like a 10 cent piece   because 2 mls  is a fifth of the size in the picture 

Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

You know, as it stands now, your positive feedback from others for the SAME product just makes this buyer look "questionable".  So make sure you include the buyer's ID in follow up to his feedback which I'm sure you already know to do.

I agree with the advice others have suggested and it goes to demonstrate that more and more it is ALL about the photos, particularly the first few.  Buyers/bidders are just not reading descriptions or even looking closely at photos any more.  I've started doing close-ups of everything about items and often use up all 12 free photo slots ........... Think I'll start putting description in a photo.

Oh and I saw an excellent billboard outside a church some years ago -  "Some Christians give Christianity a bad name"

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

Thanks Cathyjoyjoy & beautysecretfashion, I have left follow up feedback to the buyer, it was a tad hard as the buyers ID was so long, but I did manage to get the message within the available characters, I would have put something witty as a response, but what I entered was more fitting for Henry to understand and will be on Henry's feedback for longer than the next 12 months Smiley Wink

Joe, as you discovered I did put the ml rather than a Mil.

Tippy, I adjusted my listing, my lustings haven't changed though.

K1ooo, thank you for your suggestions, I'll make the changes to the photo's when I get a little more time.

Cheers

Hidiho

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

I had a laugh at your feedback and it was very apt in that anyone following the discussion in this thread would get it, but I am not sure casual buyers will. That would be my only worry-that future buyers might not realise Henry's tube had the full quantity.

Henry is beyond just about any lesson, he's a fanatic and you can't reason with those.

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply