Copyright

I am a sellers of cds. Recently ebay delisted "Jimi Hendrix Experience Soundtrack" released by Charly due to copyright violation. My problem is that there are at least 7 other copies of that cd for sale on ebay worldwide. All eBay's VeRO team can tell is that the copyright holder is required to sign a legal document under penalty of perjury that they own the rights to the item. The rights owner tells me that they cannot comment on why they asked eBay to delist my cd and why they have not asked eBay to delist other cds with exactly the same title and release details. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Copyright

I can't really guess as to why yours might have been reported and others not, but if you have contacted the rights owner and their only response amounts to 'no comment', there's not a lot more that can be done I'm afraid. (I'm pretty sure that in order for an item to be listed safely after something like this happens, the rights owner needs to respond formally and grant permission, which it sounds like they're not prepared to do). 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply