Coronaviris, slow delivery to USA and ebay refunding money back to buyers when item in transit

I have had 2 cases opened recently for "item not received" due to Covid19 and slow delivery to USA. What's worse is civil unrest and protests in USA is also slowing postal services there.

In one case, the buyer opened up a case within 3 weeks of purchasing the item. I provided tracking details and contacted enbay asap and they advised that the case would not be found in the buyer's facvour if the buyer asked ebay to step in 1 week later. But, when the buyer did this, despite what i was told by ebay, ebay found in the buyer's favour and paid them cost of the item plus the $40 postage I paid. 

Ebay can be so frustrating and I find it disgusting how they can just go into your Paypal account and take your money. They say they are giving sellers support during Covid19 as per their website but I can't see any support for sellers.

I will not be posting any more items overseas until covid19 and mail services return back to normal. I will be cancelling the orders and refunding the money up front. Much better to do this than what I have had to deal with.

You would think ebay would delay the timeframe for buyers to open an item not received during Covid19. Especially when Australia Post is advising that it can take up to 10 weeks for items to be delivered to USA at present. Ebay couldn't care less about their sellers.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Coronaviris, slow delivery to USA and ebay refunding money back to buyers when item in transit

I sent an item to the UK in early May, hadn't arrived three weeks later, and the buyer opened an INR case. Tracking showed that the item hadn't even left Melbourne; I contacted Australia Post, who said that the item appeared to be in the UK, just not fully scanned in as yet.

Three days later (June 9th), it was showing as delivered.

The buyer didn't close the case, though! And despite the Sales Record also showing the item as delivered, Ebay hadn't automatically closed the case. I asked eBay to step in, and they closed the case in my favour, but it should have been automatically closed as soon as the item showed as delivered.

The system does occasionally work, but I agree that postal estimates should at least be significantly extended until things get back to normal

And yes, overseas sales are a real worry at the moment - happily, I don't get those very often!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I would think that you should have known about postal delays due to COVID-19 months ago, and should either have stopped selling internationally then, or extended your handling time to ameliorate the impact.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It normally takes 2 weeks for USA delivery, so you suggest I extend my handling time currently from 1 day to 8 weeks? I would have thought it easier that ebay extend the time frame for buyers being allowed to lodge an item not received claim.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

8 Weeks  delivery on average to the USA , stopped shipping in April as too many INR cases lost . At least eBay  will remove negative feed back related to shipping delays 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply