Counterfeit LEGO

So, I've noticed lately that there has been an increase in the amount of Counterfeit LEGO. A brand called Decool has popped up using LEGO in the listing title & also Ninjago, which is another Trademark. I've reported plenty of times & know other people who have done so too, but eBay have still done Nothing!

The listings also use Official LEGO images & are often difficult to find the information that they are not genuine LEGO minifigures or sets.

How can we stop rubbish like this getting onto eBay? One seller even has multiple identical BIN listings, which has again been reported, but with no action from eBay!

For those buying LEGO, especially in the lead up to Christmas, please read the listings carefully, otherwise your childs LEGO collection will get diluted with inferior product!

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Counterfeit LEGO

reports of fakes or replica items will only be looked at by eBay  if the Copyrights holder is a member of the eBay VERO programme and the copyrights holder reports the items.

it is up to LEGO to report these items to ebay as copyright infringements, but if people buy these items thinking they are in some way the original overpriced bits of plastic manufactured by LEGO there is not much ebay can do, without LEGO's co operation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

travelling_agoraphobic
Community Member

At the very least, it's Keyword Spamming, having 'compatible with Lego' in the title. Maybe you could try reporting them for that and see if eBay will take any notice.

Contact Lego direct and let them know, they may take action themselves.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

Why do you, personally care? Does your family have shares in Lego or something?

Yes, everyone look out! you wouldn't want to buy the same product for 1/3 of the price now would you?

As Putney said, not much is likely to happen unless LEGO themselves do something about it

If I had kids that wanted LEGO I would be buying them this 

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I shall pass it on ;\

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

Handbags, sunglasses, jewellery etc and now lego. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Is anything safe ?

I occasionally report bootleg recordings but nothing happens so reporting anything seems to be a waste of time.

TCT
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

I have reported them for the Keyword spamming, which has had no effect either, LEGO has also been informed & I know they are quite aggressive at shutting these bootleggers down.

Patchoo78, I care because as a child, it would anger me if ever someone gave me a fake LEGO set or if someone gave me a bunch of "LEGO" bricks that weren't actually LEGO, they don't work as well & only disappoint. To this day, it still upsets me when I see a kid who receives this crap, because they are always unimpressed by it.

I can't stand copycats who are just out to make a buck off someone else's ideas, if you came up with a brilliant idea and someone stole it & undercut you on pricing &was an inferior product, I doubt you would be too pleased, especially if they made out that it was as good as the genuine thing.

If you chose to buy low quality products for your kids, if you ever have them, then good luck to you. Just remember that there is no guarantees the product meets safety standards & I bet they'll be disappointed that all their friends have the real thing & they don't.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

LEGO has it's own specific category too doesn't it ? 

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

LEGO has it's own specific category too doesn't it ?

That wouldn't stop sellers from listing fakes in that catergory.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

that's right Annie.Though if they did it would be a different violation to key word spamming  or copyright issues wouldn't it ?

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Counterfeit LEGO

In some cases, they don't list it in the LEGO category. I'm just fed up of having to scroll through listing after listing of rubbish product.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply