Darn Coronavirus

The things that people are exploiting but obviously won't happen.

This is the highest bid I have so far seen.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Darn Coronavirus

@twyngwyn wrote:
have a look at this description: eBay item number:264655610827

OMG! LOL...LOL...LOL

also gone

Message 21 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

We went to Woollies today. Zero toilet paper. Zero tissues. Very low stocks of paper towels and paper serviettes. Even then, the toilet paper aisle was chockers. Probably with panic buyers hoping to hoard more. Or those of us who actually needed to buy toilet paper! Thankfully IGA still had some left as did the Reject shop. We now have 3126 rolls of toilet paper! Sucks to be the panic buyers.

Apparently foods such as pasta, rice and bottled water are on the hit list. Plus, of all things, tomato sauce. Paracetamol is selling out fast too. 

The lines at the checkouts were horrendous. Even with every checkout open, all express lanes open and all self serve lanes open, it was still chockers. I have seriously never seen it so bad, even on Christmas eve. So, I did what any smart person would do. I coughed a few times and commented that my cough had got way worse since getting back from China. Suddenly, there was no one to be seen. I was out in no time. 

I have a truck load of hand sanitiser. $750. Selling like crazy. Get it while you can! Oh shart, eBay is now going to accuse me of trying to sell off eBay. 75c eBay, 75c. That's what I'm selling them for. 

Spoiler
Can someone please tell me WHY toilet paper is the most sought after item, for a disease that doesn't cause diarrhoea?
Message 22 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

https://www.abc.net.au/life/coronavirus-covid-19-why-is-everyone-buying-toilet-paper/12024738 

Halfway down mentions shortages in some asian countries so I gather with the help of social media and the news it started here.

Message 23 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

@eol-products wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/life/coronavirus-covid-19-why-is-everyone-buying-toilet-paper/12024738 

Halfway down mentions shortages in some asian countries so I gather with the help of social media and the news it started here.

It's proves my decades long suspicion. People are idiots.

Apparently in some parts of Sydney, Asians are buying up big. Really big. I'm guessing they are probably selling it to their home country, for a highly inflated price. A lot like the baby formula issue.

Message 24 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

i see the reasons behind buying toilet paper, but doing it now seems rather ridiculous. i think people are panic buying simply because others are doing it and don't want to be left without it. the china theory is very true as a lot of people send it overseas now because asian countries are finding it hard to function with a lot of production halted and imports restricted. 

originally, i read that the reasoning behind stocking up on essentials is so that if the disease did become a case where thousands of people have it and are walking around - you'd want to take the least amount of trips to the shopping centre that you can to avoid coming into contact with other people. same reason why people were saying to stock up with essential medicines in advance so that you don't have to continually go to the GP for scripts - as that's a likely source of being infected. 

all fear-mongering if you ask me - unfortunately, some things we're going to get sucked into though because we all need those essential items and if it catches on, we then all have to do it otherwise we end up being left without. 

Message 25 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

It's proves my decades long suspicion. People are idiots.

So true Tippy, but now there's a reason for that :-

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

I'm so frustrated... it'll only let me give you 1 kudos, padi.

@ tippy, did you really cough or was that just a good story? I think it's hilarious and will have to remember it in case things are busy next time I shop.
Message 27 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@ tippy, did you really cough or was that just a good story? I think it's hilarious and will have to remember it in case things are busy next time I shop.

It would certainly separate the wheat from the chaff idiots

Message 28 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

That's OK brer, I have to 'fess up though - it came from social media............

Spoiler
..............but I did have my tin-foil hat on so I was (relatively) unaffected....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 54
Latest reply

Darn Coronavirus

I have Cornholiovirus, I need TP for my bunghole!!!!
Message 30 of 54
Latest reply