Day 4 of Unpaid Item case - should I close?

I sold an item on my other Ebay ID on the 23rd Oct.

Chased up payment the 28th Oct.

Buyer then contacted me on the 29th Oct for my bank details and I supplied them on the same day.

I sent a follow-up email on the 1st Nov asking if payment had been made

No response & no payment so I lodged an unpaid item case on 2nd Nov.

6th Nov I received an email from the buyer saying she hasn’t received my bank details.

So I decided to contact Ebay customer support to check if there was any problem with my emails or her receiving my emails or if there were any technical problems on the days I had sent the emails. (Thinking maybe she in fact did not receive them). They confirmed there were no issues with mine or the buyer’s emails and confirmed that the buyer should have received my emails and that they could clearly see that I had sent my bank details to the buyer.

So I proceeded to send an email to the buyer today advising that I did fact send 2 previous emails (one which included my bank details). I again provided my bank details and told the buyer that as there was a unpaid item case open  which was due to close today, she would either need to have the money appear in my account by 5.00pm today or pay by other means such as paypal.

Her response at 12.42pm was in capital letters, “i DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ILL PUT IT IN TODAY”.  

I’ve just checked my account and there is still no payment.  What should I do just close the unpaid item case when the time is up or should I just wait till tomorrow morning and check one last time then close the case. I have no problem with closing the case, I am just worried that if the bank deposit payment appears in my account tomorrow I will then need to somehow refund her? What should I do? Has anyone had this happen to them? Just need some advice.

Thanks,

BTW – I do have all the necessary blocks in place.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Depending on how she paid, it may take a day or two to appear in your account.

If she paid over the counter at as branch of your bank, it should show this evening, but anything else will be, at the earliest, tomorrow.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I would close it as soon as the system allows it.

If the payment does arrive then you can still post the item and let ebay know.

At least this will block her from being able to leave a neg.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

bank deposit can take several days to clear, but most take only 48 hours.  If you accept DD you should have your banking details available in the checkout.  Make sure that she entered all the numbers in correctly, and that you have given them correctly.  If she made a mistake and was just one digit out the money would have gone to that account if it exists.  In not it would bounce back. 

I woould give it another couple of days.  If you do close the dispute and the money comes through later, you can just post it to her (unless you have already re-listed) and you can remove the strike.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks guys for the advice. So I just want to be clear, if I close the unpaid item case, then she paids and I send the item out and let ebay know, I am assuming that they will remove her strike. So both myself and the buyer will not be able to leave feedback even once the strike has been removed? Have I got that right?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I am in a bit of a pickle too....buyer (I opened UPI yesterday) just sent message saying she had finally figured out how to pay - all good, paypal recieved, but she has now ordered twice. Too hard to explain, will just close UPI and forgo the fvf. Thank goodness a small enough amount to do it with.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Give it until the end of the week for the money to show up. I would even actually send a final message tonight, to confirm that she has your bank account details and even re-send the info. Just to give her no excuse to not pay. It was really only today that she's tried to pay, so give her a few more days.

It's easier for both parties if you wait a little longer and then won't need to issue a strike if she pays. If you do send one last confirmation message with your account details, she doesn't reply and no payment has been made by the end of the week, you can probably close the UPI confident that she wouldn't have ended up paying.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I generally wait a little bit longer than the 4 days, especially if there has been some contact from the buyer - the priority for us is to get payment rather than close the transaction.

The item can sit there in the "waiting for payment" list for a little bit of extra time.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

In my case the buyer says that they have paid by dd. but did not supply me with receipt of payment when I requested this. I opened an unpaid item case and it has automatically been closed. What feedback am I suppose to give. Do I get a strike? What do I do now?
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

In my case the buyer says that they have paid by dd. but did not supply me with receipt of payment when I requested this. I opened an unpaid item case and it has automatically been closed. What feedback am I suppose to give. Do I get a strike? What do I do now?

this thread is 12 months old, you should start a fresh one

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply