Daylight Savings change - and my auction end times have also shifted an hour forward - am I crazy?

Good evening Comrades,

I'm either going mad or ebay have shifted forward the end time of my auctions this Sunday evening by 1 hour also, post daylight savings clock change. I list at set times on Sunday evenings and have just realised that my auctions are ending an hour later (9.30, not 8.30pm as they always do). I appreciate the clock moved forward, but my auction end time didn't. From a seller's perspective, the auction end time is vital component and moving this an hour later into the night diminshes the potential. 

What's going on? Has this happened to anyone else?

ps - I didn't just forget to list at my usual time.

Cheers Gang,

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Daylight Savings change - and my auction end times have also shifted an hour forward - am I crazy?

happens every year ")
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Even twice a year. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

All listings have a specific period they run for. With the advent of daylight savings time, an hour is lost when the time changes at 2am to 3am. In order to keep the specified period and not rip sellers off for an hour the end time is moved back an hour.

This will happen for every listing that starts before and ends after DST starts.

The converse will occur when DST finishes. Listings that were supposed to end at 8.30 will end at 7.30, but will still be extant for the advertised number of hours.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

has it started yet?

I'm trying to work out if my PC clock is right or not.

I'm in Qld, so our time doesn't get broken, but I guess I will have to work out how to play with ebay's time once DLS starts.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

has it started yet?

yep

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

so is eBay time everyone else's time but Qld time?

Do i adjust the times shown on my pc by an hour?

testing

PC shows 12:27 here, wonder what the ebay clock says

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

so my computer is on DLS time.

*nicks inside to see what the time is on the wall clock*

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

your PC is showing AEDST

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

how clever is my computer, eh?

it knew to change to eBay time LOLOL

wall clock time here is about 11:37 pm

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply