Dealing with unwarranted FB.

I receivedmy first bad feedback today out of 300!   It irks me that a buyer can say untruths and give negative feedback without being accountable.  For my example, see my last FB entry from a seller.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can't say the buyer lied!  

Your item was untracked.

Things get lost in the post.   This may have happened.

But their first step should have been to contact you, not neg fb. 

If the buyer reports your neg comments on their fb, you'll get a slap.

You should have sent a fb revision request with the refund

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

elms, you handled that one poorly.

You could have had the feedback revised, instead you might get a policy violation and the neg stands.

Why didn't you ask here first ?

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Definitely trying to remove the negative feedback by talking to the customer is the best thing to do.... Most customers will remove it I think if you talk it thru & give a refund etc! If u get another negative etc your sales would probably suffer! So I always rethink its best to try to remove it!

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

From what little we’ve got access to about the buyer it appears to me that he/she is pretty experienced in the ways of eBay. Going straight to red like that is a bit puzzling, unless there’s a habit of it.

Not nice Elms. I feel bad for anyone who is not allowed a ‘fair go’. A bit of understanding and plain old common courtesy goes a long way, but it’s a bit like common sense these days - not common.

But, just to reiterate that already said, when you think you’re about to have an issue why don’t you drop in here first? The knowledge base is truly awesome beyond belief and you’ll save yourself a lot of heartache. I’m speaking as someone without that knowledge.

I wish you well 🙂

Melina.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@elmstamps wrote:

I receivedmy first bad feedback today out of 300!   It irks me that a buyer can say untruths and give negative feedback without being accountable.  For my example, see my last FB entry from a seller.

Yes, it's wrong they can say they think you are a crook. Fair enough for them to say their item didn't arrive, but calling you a crook is unfair. I'd be upset too.

However, you gave a good reply. You explained what happened and any potential buyer, looking at that neg & the reply you gave will know the score.

You should have left it at that. What on earth were you thinking of though, to then go give them a positive dot with FB that said the same thing? 

I suppose it made you feel better but you need to always, always, think it through-what is the usefulness of an action, what will it achieve for you as a seller (or buyer) on ebay?

The reply you gave to negative feedback given was 100% necessary. Potential buyers (who bother to look at feeback in detail at all) will be focussing on the feedback other buyers have given you & they will zoom in on the neg, so they *will* see your reply. So giving a reply was useful.

On the other hand, giving an extra green dot to your buyer, what have you achieved? You have said the same thing, no new info for any customers who do go searching. You have pushed up the rating of a buyer you don't like and made them look better. And if you think it will help other sellers-how? Most stuff is buy it now anyway. Even in an auction, no seller is going to look up random names unless there happened to already be a bid & what do they see anyway-just a seller who is breaking the rules regarding feedback and who is simply admitting they sent something without tracking and had to refund.

As for unreasonable buyers-there are plenty around, it's a miracle if you can get to more than a few hundred sales and not strike anyone who might give grief. Don't over worry about it. The occasional neg won't hurt as long as you point out you refunded etc

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

"see my last FB entry from a seller."

I did & it says "Excellent".

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I'm puzzled as to why OP is selling cheap stamps and has made the listings private?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I'm puzzled as to why OP is selling cheap stamps and has made the listings private?

Possibly doesn't realise that "private listings" are likely to drive away potential bidders.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

That could account for the feedback, at least to a certain extent. I'm not the only one who gets suspicious of sellers who do private listings.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply