Defect Removal Policy

Just saw it in an announcement for today, http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/defect-removal.html for anyone that missed it and wants to have a look (nothing particularly new, though).

"A defect occurs when any part of a transaction doesn't match what the seller described or promised in the listing."

It would be funny if it wasn't so ignorant....particularly when I think about the fact that I don't promise / provide ETA's to buyers, nor even want them in my listings. Pffft. >_<

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Defect Removal Policy

Yes I agree with you! Thank you for sharing as I have been busy of late and missed this.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Defect Removal Policy

This is interesting:

Automatically removed

Automatically removed

• eBay or PayPal instructs you to hold a shipment or takes action to cancel the transaction.

Hold a shipment? I wonder if this means that eBay will remove 1-star postage time DSRs for buyers who pay by eCheque.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Defect Removal Policy

Thanks eBay. 😞

I give you a defect for delaying the communicating this key policy information for sellers.

The words that come to mind are crock - ironic - get real - bout bloody time - hypocrite
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Defect Removal Policy

Its real Ironic bloody hypocrite crock 'o' carp

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Defect Removal Policy

@justajunk wrote:

This is interesting:

Automatically removed

Automatically removed

• eBay or PayPal instructs you to hold a shipment or takes action to cancel the transaction.

Hold a shipment? I wonder if this means that eBay will remove 1-star postage time DSRs for buyers who pay by eCheque.

I think "hold a shipment" pertains to the situation when a buyer pays through paypal then 24 hrs or so after the OK to

post pp email arrives another email appears advising the seller not to post the item as the transaction (after a pp

investigation or a notification PP has received from a credit card company indicates that a card has been

compromised) is under review

....... for the diligant sellers I would think the email has come about 20hrs too late.. because the package is already posted......but that is bye the bye to paypal and ebay.

I keep and store my paypal ok to post emails in case I get caught out.

I have also seen the email worded something like "hold this item until further investigation is completed"

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply