Did anyone else NOT receive the no FVF deal ?

Did anyone else NOT get offered this or was it just me that missed out ?
Been waiting for another no FVF promotion and it’s been nearly a month since last promotion ?
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Nothing yet...
Ebay may have stopped with that particular monthly promo which would be a shame...but I suppose it has to stop eventually.
We've been lucky it's been running as long as it has.

My items from last month's no FVF are still running for a couple more days - so I'm waiting too.
I may relist them in next weekend's $1 FVF if that one continues.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Not had any offers at all in a long time

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Perhaps it's also on a 30 day cycle. Think from distant memory it may have been. With a lot of luck it might start on the 6th. Fingers crossed. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Could be that they are now stopped as it wasn't making them any money and it was just an incentive to try

and get as many sellers as possible listing items so that when they brought in the GTC listings more sellers

would use standard listing if the promo's stopped,(they could then be conned into paying listing fees every

month as the GTC'd listings roll over "automatically"),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

When I first got those promo's that's one of the first things I thought off,(eBay don't give you something for

nothing if they can't make money out of it unless there is a "catch" down the track),Whistle.gif

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

Could be that they are now stopped as it wasn't making them any money and it was just an incentive to try

and get as many sellers as possible listing items so that when they brought in the GTC listings more sellers

would use standard listing if the promo's stopped,(they could then be conned into paying listing fees every

month as the GTC'd listings roll over "automatically"),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

When I first got those promo's that's one of the first things I thought off,(eBay don't give you something for

nothing if they can't make money out of it unless there is a "catch" down the track),Whistle.gif

Which is why I never went crazy listing a stack of stuff during promos. Any long term users know that promos can end at any time, and they do. They should never been seen as an entitlement, they are a gift...........

At the moment, I'm still getting the $1 weekends on all accounts. I'll make the most of it while it lasts, and when it stops (which it will), I'll go to plan B (which is setting everything back to auction).

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I'd say the extra promos were designed to help them do market research. If all those extra listings on short duration didn't result in lots of sales it would have helped them decide to put everything on GTC.

At a guess, I'd say the promo that they messed up was meant to replace the usual one starting on the 4th - but who knows with ebay?
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks all ... some good points that I hadn’t thought of myself ... I think the lightbulb just switched on for me haha 😂
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

New promo starts on the 7th. Check the promo thread for details (or click on one of the expired promos as the number is the same)

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply