Dishonesty - Non Payment

We work so hard at being fair and honest and if there's one thing that really irks me it's dishonesty in the form of non payment after winning an item. And then, no matter how many 'nice' emails you send enquiring about payment status, they're all rudely ignored even after you offer assistance. Some of it is deliberate, I'm sure, although the buyer in question has 80 odd positive feedbacks.

I know we can't leave Neg, but I do notice some sellers stating in a re-listing, 'Re-listed due to non paying buyer.'

I'm wondering, but again think I know the answer, what would happen if you put the non paying buyers name (eBay name) after that statement? It just gives me the irrits no end that we can't identify to other sellers those who have no honour and conscience.

Grrrrrrrrr!!

Melina.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Dishonesty - Non Payment

Thank you. Yes, I'm hearing you all and you are right.

I guess I'm still struggling with how much it has all changed in just ten years or so. Naive of me to expect everything to be same I suppose, but the lack of decorum and politeness with some people is quite remarkable. And there again, I think I'll take your suggestions and block buyers I have an uneasy feeling about. I'm usually right.

Fortunately  though, we seem to be developing a following of some wonderful people. I guess it's not your average type 'Yobbo' that has an interest in the sort of items we sell. Perhaps that offers a wee bit of insulation. Two in a row just sort of rocked me a bit. Too sensitive. I do take things a bit personally and then start looking inwards.

We're going okay, mainly thanks to the good suggestions from you guys, and I must say I've had some recent good help from some eBay staff. They were really good.

We'll just settle in for the long haul and learn to roll with the NEW punches.

Thanks guys. I don't feel alone and isolated anymore. Kudos all.

Melina. 

PS....always amending. Not easy on and iPad.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Dishonesty - Non Payment

I have more NPBs in actual numbers than 10 years ago but I sell many more things so the percentage is actually less. I don't give them much thought and certainly don't let them waste any of more time than I have to. I send a reminder on day 3, open a dispute at the end of day 4 and close it asap and add them to my BBL if they still have not paid, most do.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply