Do I need to accept this return?

jvdv
Community Member

Buy bought a 5 year old Wi-fi Samsung Tablet in very good condition which I had been using just before the sale.

The buyer then sends the following message "I plug it in and the charger didn't seem to work well , I witch it on and the power up didn't seem to work all that great , the SIM plate is differt to what I'm use to so i have another one and that fits in okay and I put a SIM card in and found complications , not good I say and it doesn't seem to switch off all that obedient , not happy "

As stated in the listing it comes without the charger and charging cable and it's wi-fi only. The device also does not support  SIM cards and has no expansion slots for a memory card.

The buyer now wants to return it as "can't operate it as it's operation is dicky".

Do I need to accept this?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Do I need to accept this return?

@jvdv wrote:

Buy bought a 5 year old Wi-fi Samsung Tablet in very good condition.....

As stated in the listing it comes without the charger and charging cable and it's wi-fi only. The device also does not support  SIM cards and has no expansion slots for a memory card.

The buyer now wants to return it as "can't operate it as it's operation is dicky".

Do I need to accept this?

I don't know.

You could battle it out but I am not sure you would win.

It depends on how much they know about ebay and about how to make a claim.

If they seem to be a seasoned ebayer, then I'd say you may not have any choice.

If they are newbies without a clue, then you could stand your ground  and refuse a reeturn and they may grumble but you might get away with it. That's a gamble though.

Perhaps you could reply that, "As stated in the listing, this device does not support SIM cards."

But I would then add something to the effect that however, you want your customers to be happy, therefore you are prepared to accept a return on the item and if they send it back to you, you will then give them a full refund.

I don't know if this will work. If it does, they at least would be paying the return postage for change of mind return.

Their complaints though go well beyond the SIM card. I think if they opened an ebay claim for a faulty item, they would probably win and you'd be up for return postage anyway.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply