Does anybody has problems replying to a buyer?

Hi guys,

I really do not understand who is responsible from ebay side for what their developers doing and when. It seems to be normal for them to start rolout some changes during business hours that affects how ebay works. It is not the first time when I tried to do something(update ebay invoice, reply to a buyer question) and I cannot do it because they are doing something.  I believe it happened last Friday around 3-4PM  and it has just happened again this Friday.

I was trying to reply to my buyer's message and I could not.  This is what I saw on ebay in message section. See attached image

Seriously ebay? Next time tell your developers to run some updates any time they are pleased. We all understand that nobody cares about buyers/sellers, just care about yourself ebay as it may be cheaper to do it during business hours instead of doing it at night and pay them extra.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately this is a users forum not monitored by eBay so they won't read your comments.

However you are 100% correct.

Try again later when they have finished playing around.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The maintainance is set to run in the early hours of friday morning US time, can't see eBay deciding to run them in the early hours of friday morning here somehow, we're just a speck in their ocean unfortunately............lol

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

ozstockman wrote: I believe it happened last Friday around 3-4PM  and it has just happened again this Friday.

And it will happen again next Friday and the Friday after that forever.

Ebay does maintenance on Friday afternoon Australian yime.  I can't see them changing it any time soon as it is timed to have the least effect on the smallest number of ebay members.  Australia is a very small site in the scheme of world ebay sites.

Most experienced sellers have learned not to have auctions ending on Friday afternoon/evening.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, earlier this week the messaging system was having problems loading up various things or even responding to clicks.  Today saw some problems also.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply