Does anyone else find it very unfair that Ebay charges fees on postage charged.

I am a small ebay business and am being charged over $500 in fees by Ebay and Paypal.  Does anyone else think its unfair to be charged fees on the postage paid by the customer.  It's ok for large businesses to offer free postage as they can absorb it better, but if I do that, it can often mean I am giving my item to the customer for nothing - If I charge more postage than it costs so that I cover some of my fees (which Ebay has suggested I do), then I get a bad feedback in that area.  Most of my items are $10- $50 but might cost me $20 to post, so I just can't absorb that cost and give free postage.  I know this is legal for Ebay to do, but can't we try and fight them on this?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If ebay figures out the postage but the real postage was higher I would still pay for the whole amount?

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

d_t_sk
Community Member

Well it is a problem not only for small sellers but for bigone as well,can you imagine you pay 800-1200 for postage in a months and 8.8 % are the ebay fees and then PayPal as well, close to 10% ?

I paid before easy 2000 plus for shipping in a month , as i freight big heavy items and it was 200 $ just GST roughly and eBay and PayPal , cut 10% from tax , as thats what GST is ,plus from postage cost we didnt make nothing and packing time and material was from our pocket , so basically because of fees we did have 10 % more expensive postage we paid from our pocket for it.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply