Don't use Australia Post anymore, use E-Go

I've totally given up on Australia Post now as they are way too expensive, too slow and too time consuming, thus why they can't make any money.

I have sent a 50cm x 50cm x 30cm box that weighed 8 kg's from Adelaide to Sydney.

Via AP it cost $56 and via E-Go it was $13.20. I paid an extra $2.00 for them to phone the receiver 30 minutes prior to delivery.

and to make matters better they pick up from me and hand deliver to the receiver.

The parcel was picked up on a Monday afternoon and I received a photo of the parcel first thing Wednesday morning when it arrived. Not bad eh ?

Why would I ever waste my time with AP again.

Australia Post, you've definitely lost me as you're paying too many fat cats at the top way too much and service is no longer your priority.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

@imf_electronics_australia wrote:

The reason some sellers have received negs and low DSR ratings is because they are too lazy to do anything that is cost effective for the purchaser and only made it to suit themselves.

An example is sending an item that could go into a standard envelope with a cost of 75 cents opposed to slugging around $9.00 for some prepaid satchel and extra on top. That doesn't encourage me in buying a small cost item only to get reamed out on high postage prices.

Some sellers need to be a bit more flexible and not use the one size fits all system just for their own convenience, thus I'll always look for better and more cost effective methods so that the purchaser gets exactly what I would expect myself.

This is a pretty narrow-minded perspective, to be honest.

Do you really think a good, business-minded seller will opt for more expensive postage services (thus increasing the overall cost to buyer and likely decreasing sales) if the benefits didn't outweigh the drawbacks?

You call it lazy, the sellers who do it - by and large, in my experience - call it streamlining for efficiency, which can actually make a more expensive service more cost efficient overall. In fact, some sellers have done some pretty comprehensive maths to determine this kind of thing.

@Having a streamilined and uniform postage system eliminates having to work out combined postage each time someone buys more than one item, it elimintes problems with the cart due to eBay not programming it properly for multiple services, it eliminates having to invest in 10 different packaging options instead of just one or two, and reduces the overall workload, it will also often eliminate other post-sale buyer problems, considering most parcel services now have tracking (in fact, a 500gm PAYG satchel is now often cheaper than a registered letter - satchel postage price @$7.20, registered large letters now cost up to $9.30)  - clearly, there are many instances where these benefits outweigh the nuisance of having one or two buyers who pay for a service and then resent having done so, but the thing about that is...

It is not viable to make every single business decision to cater to every single buyer want, preference and/or need. Most sellers would go insane just trying, and the last thing this site needs is more insane members. Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

Message 31 of 51
Latest reply

$7.20?

$7.30 through eBay, more through AP.

Message 32 of 51
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

$7.20?

Sorry, I was quoting my Click & Send flat rate satchel rates (via Business 250). 

Message 33 of 51
Latest reply

Don't have the volume for those.

Message 34 of 51
Latest reply

It might pay to have a talk with someone from AP anyway, if you get the chance (and have an ABN), the staff at my PO actually talked me into applying (I didn't think I had the volume either, not for parcels anyway, since it's an average of 1 per business day and some weeks I don't send any parcels), but they mentioned AP were talking about changing how it works (as in, rather than a minimum volume, they were thinking about introducing tiered pricing where the more you send, the more you save, which - the way they were talking about it - sounded like it applied long term). 

Everything is cheaper than eBay except the flat rate boxes (those are considerably more expensive) - extra cover is cheaper, too (but, you can't add extra cover to Pack & Track for some reason - I know you don't post internationally, but others reading this might). 

Message 35 of 51
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

$7.20?

it is $7.15 through Ebay of course we ebay charges us on top of that so more (but it is charged if we use Ebay or any other way)

Message 36 of 51
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

$7.20?

it is $7.15 through Ebay of course we ebay charges us on top of that so more (but it is charged if we use Ebay or any other way)

Plus the 15c minimum for the satchel.

Message 37 of 51
Latest reply

I agree quote online $8.95 plus $3.00 signature actual total 3818 to 3130 $18.30 That's 55% wrong and it's always in their favour . I use eGo  as well but mainly on bigger items . This should have  been so easy except Sciatica means I have to trust my dimwitted mate who doesn't care how much 

Message 38 of 51
Latest reply

You've replied to a message (and topic) that's over 4 years old. Please check the dates before replying to topics here - prices and relevance change over time.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 39 of 51
Latest reply

@deangale10 wrote:

I agree quote online $8.95 plus $3.00 signature actual total 3818 to 3130 $18.30 That's 55% wrong and it's always in their favour . I use eGo  as well but mainly on bigger items . This should have  been so easy except Sciatica means I have to trust my dimwitted mate who doesn't care how much 

You might want to rely on yourself to research postage costs.

$8.95 is for up to 500g only, unless you use AP or eBay satchels. If you use your own packaging, parcels are charged by weight over 500g.

This is a new thing. Unlike this thread, which details prices and policies from years ago (which are no longer current), the new AP pricing schedules have only been going for FIVE months. Still long enough for most sellers to work out.

Message 40 of 51
Latest reply