Done with the mobile APP

Done with the APP, though not my call, a recent update was rejected stating my iPhone 6 IOS 12 was no longer supported, that I need to update to 13.4 or better, so rather than me get all uptight causing - unnecessary anxiety and let this ruin an otherwise good day - I decided to delete the eBay app.
Turns out I'm a lot happier just checking in on the net when shopping for something, however I'm in no rush to update my current phone.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Done with the mobile APP

Did you really need to tell us?   Now I have anxiety and my day is ruined.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

Yeah looks like your phone isn't compatible with any of the iOS's above 12. Bummer. I only just upgraded my OS from 11 to the latest. It's so good to be able to use apps again. I have a very old SE and it's still compatible with the latest OS's

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

The app is inadequate anyway, on a number of levels, for buyers and sellers.

But if you must update, you need a wifi connection

It's just better to sign-in to ebay's website anyway, desktop or through a browser on the phone.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

🙄

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

The only thing I like about the app is when I get a cash register sound 😗

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

Until earlier this year I, like you, also had a phone from 2014.  I started to find that apps were starting to have problems or couldn't be installed at all.  This wasn't just an issue with things like eBay but I also couldn't run the check in for Covid-19 and Zoom had issues for work / playgroup.

With more and more reliance on apps in everyday modern life, I recommend getting a new phone to see you through for another 6 or 7 years, now is probably the time before the parcel networks get further jammed.

Although, when it comes to buying and selling on eBay nothing beats the website interface.  It surely has the least amount of bugs.  The app is full of them and stupid limitations.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

Haha best sound ever!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

Visiting family it went off like fire crackers, asked what's that?!

Love it

Sometimes it scares me (oh it's just another sale) lol

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Done with the mobile APP

I haven't heard any fire crackers for a while unfortunately lol

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply