Dotting 'i's and crossing 't's before I sell on eBay.uk

5kazam
Community Member

This may sound like a dumb question, but I wanted to find out BEFORE I list some items on eBay.uk, how payments are managed.  As in do I have to verify my bank details with the UK site?  Or is my current account status with eBay sufficient.

There are only a few items I want to list there (as they will sell in the UK, probably not in Aus.), but I don't want to be regarded as a new seller, or have to go through a lot of hoops to receive sale funds.

Any information from other sellers who use the UK site as well as the Australian site will be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Even listing on the UK site - you will still have to do International Postage.

With the UK included in countries you post to the items will show in searches.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for that.  I do already list to sell 'worldwide' (with a lot of exceptions!).  But that won't give these particular items the same exposure as it will if I list on eBay.uk.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Even listing on the UK site - you will still have to do International Postage.

With the UK included in countries you post to the items will show in searches.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I do understand about international postage, I've sold quite a few pieces to the US, and even Alaska!  And I think I had a blank moment about items showing in searches.  Quite often see items in my search criteria being from the US or UK.   So I'll stick with the Aus. site and keep my fingers crossed.  Thanks for your response.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I do understand about international postage, I've sold quite a few pieces to the US, and even Alaska!  And I think I had a blank moment about items showing in searches.  Quite often see items in my search criteria being from the US or UK.   So I'll stick with the Aus. site and keep my fingers crossed.  Thanks for your response.

You do realise that Alaska is a state of the US  don't you? Maybe not given your post. It may be above Canada, but it's still a US state, so no different to posting to California, or Ohio, or even Wyoming.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply