Downloading message attachments?

Can anyone tell me why Ebay wants to download images that are attached to messages in the forums, instead of displaying them when clicked?

I remember just being able to click on an image that any OP had attached for instant viewing, but now it seems I have to go through this whole rigmarole of downloading and viewing from my own computer, which doesn't seem right.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's always worked that way for me. It's the reason I'll never click on a link anyone puts in for a screenshot. It's easy enough to paste a screenshot into the post if they want others to view it.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Can anyone tell me why Ebay wants to download images that are attached to messages in the forums, instead of displaying them when clicked?

I remember just being able to click on an image that any OP had attached for instant viewing, but now it seems I have to go through this whole rigmarole of downloading and viewing from my own computer, which doesn't seem right.

It's been happing for the last 6-12 months for me and is extremely irritating. For that reason, if someone attaches a photo, rather than put it in the message body, I don't open it. I don't want someone's photos on my hard drive!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Once a month I go to downloads and delete all the pics I have opened. Easy.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I just have a look, then delete the pic straight away.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply