Drafts being deleted by Ebay how to get around it?

So something that really annoys me on ebay is these strict cut offs that delete what you can keep in your summary..  

Probably the most annoying one is not allowing drafts to stay on your selling page for extended periods... well what i should say is items that have not sold and have not been relisted get deleted in 30days.    

This drives me crazy, because i spend a bit of time to get a listing correct...  and if there a no sales and dont actively go into ebay the listings get deleted..   To renew i have to edit, change a letter so it triggers another 30days.  

This damm annoying.   And i have lost listings i had spent time on to list.... didnt sell... left them for what i think is a better time only to lose them.  

The same annoys me with feedback... i might buy someting and not actlly use if for 2 months!.... but i dont want to rush on feedback either telling em its great when i have not tested it.     

I cant see why it cant remain...  well i do.. its probably alot of data on there servers to keep loading up old info...

But in my watch list i have stuff from 5 years ago or longer...  

Any solutions or changes that could be made?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Our unsold items can be viewed for 90 days.

Just have to change the time in the drop down box.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It's 60 days in 'my selling', 90 (you might have to reset it) in Seller Hub. I noticed last week that SH was only displaying ended listings for 31 days. I clicked the dropdown and was told max 60 days, so I typed in 90 and voila (correct spelling) it reverted to 90 days.

Drafts are another matter entirely - they last between 6 and 10 weeks. The get dropped on the 15th for the 2nd month before, so a draft created on 31 Jan will disappear on 15 Mar; one created on 1 Feb will last until 15 Apr.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Hi, where is the drop down box?  i cant ind it anywhere.. 

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

In Seller Hub - if you can't see any options at the top, just the word "Search", click the arrow to the left which will then show a panel of options, including "Period" which has a box to select quite a few different time frames.

In "My Selling" (which we don't usually use) we've just noticed there isn't one.

On investigation, we found that "My Selling" only showed 30 days when we scrolled down through the main page to "Unsold", but showed 60 days if we selected "Unsold" from the list at the left of the screen.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If you want to keep old listings you are best to install turbolister then sync your date which will download all your old listings for the past few months. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

With regards to listings we copy and file them all. I think it’s the only way to be safe and still have access to listings that are over 90 days old.

Like a lot of sellers we don’t relist unsold items immediately. Sometimes it’s good to let a bit of water pass under the bridge. Yep, even beyond 90 days. We’re finding for some inexplicable reason that certain styles of our items sell better on a seasonal basis. It’s a bit intriguing, but that’s whats happening.

Turbolister? I wonder how many are still using it? My memories of it are that it was a supreme listing tool. I’m often very very tempted to go back to it, but might be disappointed now after getting used to Seller Hub. It’s no longer supported, so I guess the propensity is there for trouble, perhaps?

Its a bit of a Heinz variety, this post, but has anyone seen the new forum on Etsy yet? It’ll blow your socks off - and your legs from the waist down. They’ve done some plain stupid things over there this last 12 months, but this is the icing - flavoured with copious amounts of lemon juice. We sometimes complain about eBay, but I think the bloke who caused a lot of strife here is now ‘over there’. Just my opinion.

Onwards and upwards 🙂

Melina.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply