Drop in sales in last week or so?

I have had a noticable drop in sales in the last couple weeks. My sales usually fluctuate, but this lull is a bit more than just a lull.

From what I can tell it has nothing to do with changes eBay has made to ratings systems, or anything of that sort. My listings remain unchanged, my competitors listings seem the same. I was never topping any search results anyway. There have been no price changes. In short nothing has changed, just the number of sales.

The drop has been between 50% and 95% from day to day.

I'm really not that fussed about it, just seems very weird and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

noticed that since last sundays problems 

my sales stopped maybe buyers have not returned.  but again its been a poor year so far with sales compaired to other years.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

I also have noticed a significant drop in sales recently, for no obvious reason that I can ascertain.
Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

You know that's funny (not ha ha), my sales have been increasing the last couple of weeks, overall as diecastcode3 say's it's been a poor year.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

I went in to see if there were any new upgrades for the eBay phone app today (because the current verion sux big time) and got to reading some of the reviews. It seems that since Sunday and since some people have upgraded to the latest version, they keep getting logged out. It won't let a lot of these people stay logged in long enough to open up My Ebay, let alone search and bid/buy anything.

It's possible that reduced sales could be that a lot use the phone app these days and are unable to use it at the moment due to bugs from the last upgrade. (my issues are minor compared to the issues others are having).

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

I just posted my full opinion on Powersellers board for same question but in a nutshell

photo.JPG

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

We have found our sales are slowly increasing over the past week or so. In fact Friday was our single biggest day in about 9-months.
Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

I use ebay app on phone for all transactions, I was using the old app version before the weekend when no one could log in, the newest update for the app seems to work fine for me, shure it could use some tweeking, but it does give phone users more search options.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

I just put on  a 10 day 5% off sale in my other store on items that hardly sell and sales have increased dramatically. Especilly on 1 item that I rarely EVER sell...

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Yes, I have experienced the same 'dead in the water' sales result this week.

In my case, hardly any sales since Monday 15th September.

If, as others say, there is a problem with the phone app, then I can understand.

In my experience, many more people buy on eBay on their phone, than on computers these days.

How do I know this ??

On most of my items (first name meaning scrolls), I have galleries of background pictures underneath the main pic, as alternative choices to the main item's background picture.

It seems that these galleries are not visable on phone screens, and so the buyers choice is limited to the main picture.

It is only rarely that I get a buyer who makes a choice of background picture from the galleries these days.

It seems to be another little bump in the road that we, as sellers, have to ride out.

Let's hope things pick up....SOON ! 

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply