E Bay your say email

Afternoon all,

Now the glitches have disappeared, a quick question.

Has anyone received an email from ebay about your say???

It sounds like a good idea but I am not convinced that is for real.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sandra

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

E Bay your say email

Hi Sandra, yes and I sent it to spoof at ebay and they say it is a scam. Pretty good one though as it looks so ridgey didge!

I wish it was genuine, I would love to have a say!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

E Bay your say email

I've had them in the past but not recently - most likely something I said 😉

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

Hi Sandra, yes and I sent it to spoof at ebay and they say it is a scam. Pretty good one though as it looks so ridgey didge!

I wish it was genuine, I would love to have a say!

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

Sorry but the glitches are still happening here lol

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

I still have glitches too

as for the email, I have had some real ones and some scam ones in the past but nothing recently 

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

yes I got one but what is the point of wasting my time filling out something that won't even get read. It is legit.It is addressed to you using your full name.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

Many thanks. The reason I thought it was a scam was that it's not in my ebay inbox. Thank heavens I didn't go for it and open the email.

Thanks again!

Sandra

PS I hope everyone's glitches run away! Mine finally disappeared mid afternoon.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

They are emails, not messages, so they never appear in your inbox.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

I got the email, and there doesn't appear to be anything sus about it from what I can see (haven't clicked on any links or registered, but they have all the info correct, and they used to run a similar program).

Just keep in mind that eBay rarely seems to know which emails are official and which ones aren't. Most of the time the responses seem to be automated 'you were right, it's a phishing scam', as they've given that response on 100% bona fide eBay emails (so have PayPal - I got a survey invite from them, too, at least they offered me $5 Smiley LOL ). 

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

E Bay your say email

Ok, silly question time so apologies in advance.

Every other time when they send me an email there is usually a message in my ebay inbox. The fact that it wasn't there was what alerted me. So you're saying there wouldn't have been one?

it looks so accurate - calls me by my name etc  but is from

ebay@e.reply.ebay.com.au

which I thought looked a bit suss. what I'd like to know is how they got my details.

I have replied to ebay asking whether or not they have been hacked again, but so far no reply.

I'm happy to post it here if I can remove my personal details if anyone is interested.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply