EBAY FEE REDUCTION

When will eBay reduce their fees dammit !!! 10% plus Paypal fees it’s waaaaay too high !!!! I’d sell HEAPS more through eBay if fees were more reasonable. And no super Sunday offers anymore ... need to lift their game !!!!!
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

EBAY FEE REDUCTION

There is currently an unlimited free listing offer with NO FVF. So, yes no super Sundays anymore. For a couple of months, and counting.

In answer to your question - never.

Deal with it. It is a poor business model that relies on free gifts from the site in order to survive.

You can always go elsewhere. There are at least 2 other wholly Australian online selling sites out there. One charges 5.5% on item price (not postage), the other charges nothing. Maybe 1% of my sales happen on them, even though my prices are adjusted to account for the lower fees.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY FEE REDUCTION

That’s really interesting as I haven’t received the free Listings with no FVF fee ... they always say those offers are to ‘targeted’ sellers.

Really interesting to hear your comments re selling on the other sites ... even though the price is lower you still sell more at a higher price through eBay ...

Thanks so much for your response 🙂
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY FEE REDUCTION

I consider the 10-15% that I pay just the cost of doing business and I get all expenses deducted in my tax return.

There is literally nowhere else that you can sell on that will bring you the foot traffic in the way that Ebay does.

Even selling on Amazon costs more and you only get paid every 2 weeks (from memory) and their fees are something like 15%.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY FEE REDUCTION

Look at the EBay FVF of 10% (plus GST) as being the cost you would pay for rent on a B & M shop.  On top of that EBay even pay for the shop asistant.

In that context the FVF is quite reasonable.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY FEE REDUCTION

@shinebrightalways88 wrote:
That’s really interesting as I haven’t received the free Listings with no FVF fee ... they always say those offers are to ‘targeted’ sellers.

Really interesting to hear your comments re selling on the other sites ... even though the price is lower you still sell more at a higher price through eBay ...

Thanks so much for your response 🙂

go to selling/sold page, scroll to the bottom where your free listings are shown, if the fee free offer is there you just click on it to opt in.

then you can relist all your items with the fee free offer.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply