EBAY please stop buyers scamming sellers!

I am getting fed up with buyers claiming their items never arrive and having to refund them ( if I don't , paypal will!, and from my account!, and you get negative feedback! ), and am now having to register items out of my own pocket just to be safe if the sale is an amount that will hurt to refund

I would like to see ebay set up a register, not for sellers to see, but for their own information, where sellers can report buyers who claim not to have recieved items. Once ebay sees certain buyers are doing this consistently, they can get rid of them! Also, a register for those buyers who attempt to blackmail with feedback by making up lies about their items in order  to be refunded. These scamming buyers are getting away with so much on ebay.  I have to refund up to once a fortnight lately. I just don't believe these items are going missing. I have been buying on ebay for years and only twice ever did things not show, and I believe this was because I got them at auction too cheap. Sellers preferred to refund. I just didn't leave them feedback.

My profits are disappearing in refunds. I make so little profit on the items, and even one refund is painful!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Charge more for your cheap stuff. Or stop selling the cheap stuff if you don't think you can afford to register letters. Look at prepaid envelopes - they are cheaper than standard for over 125g. Keep your postage the same and put the difference in a jar to cover refunds.

If you're sending parcels, Click & Send provides prices no worse than standard parcels with proper Paypal-compliant tracking.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

i know how you feel...im thinking of giving selling away just like lots of others i have spoke to..ebay only look after buyers, and the mail delivery,well what i want to say about them aint nice i can assure you.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I only send items as unregistered large letters if I am prepared to refund or replace without question. For parcels I use click & send so I have seller protection and it is cheaper than a red satchel or regular parcel which only have limited tracking.

I think it is at least two, possibly three, years since I had a buyer say an item had not arrived and I had no reason not to believe them so just sent a replacement by registered post to make sure they were not disappointed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

We are seeing lost items about 1 in every 250 items sent out.

Since we use standard mail we just accept that we must simply resend an item without question.

First we always ask for verification of the address.

For larger more expensive items we use C&S lodged over the counter.

But I have posted on here before about this and like you would like to see some kind of register that sellers can report buyers into when they claim INR This would show a pattern of buyers doing this to multiple sellers. Potential fraud which is against the law and amounts to shoplifting.

In our message to the buyer we make a statement that we also file a missing article report to Aust Post with their address details included on it. Saying this is to guard against potential fraud and to let AP know where there are weaknesses in their delivery system.

On one occasion after that message the buyer came back saying "oh sorry it just arrived today". 2-weeks after mailing it out!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply