EBay estimates on delivery

I am getting really annoyed in finding reports that state my deliveries are late in arriving to buyer.  I have spoken to eBay about this previously and get the same answer, it is automated because of eBay estimated delivery.  I know in the end it does not mean much, I know I am doing the right thing in posting quickly.

I have in all listings 3 business days handling, but always post same day as payment received, or next day if payment made at night, at no time do I sit on a parcel, yet eBay find it upon themselves to report my parcels as being delivered late.  Do they not understand that once posted it is out of sellers hands, even express post now takes longer.  Don't know if this has happened to any other sellers.  

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

As a professional, then, you would know that Express goes by air and Lithium batteries CANNOT, by law, be transported by air.

Did you send Express anyway, falsely signing the Dangerous Goods declaration? Or simply charge for express and then send standard, without a Dangerous Goods declaration?

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Just to clarify, eBay won't shut a seller down for late deliveries. You can lose top rated seller status, and if you reach 10% they may make you have a longer handling time.
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

I'm referring to complying with Australian law, something you seem to consider optional. I seem to recall an airplane bursting into flames recently because of Lithium batteries in the hold. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-airlines-safety-batteries-idUSKCN0VW04Y

Besides, the OP was talking about late delivery defects. For parcels, having proof of lodgement with the carrier within handling time negates the chance of late delivery defects. Without breaking the law or endangering innocent members of the public. Which would be the professional way of doing things.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Crowsscrambler? I thought that was for delivery defects.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

No, if I remember correctly there were cases opened before delivery took place which were defects at the time.
Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Fair enough.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

So you took them out of the phone.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm referring to complying with Australian law, something you seem to consider optional. I seem to recall an airplane bursting into flames recently because of Lithium batteries in the hold. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-airlines-safety-batteries-idUSKCN0VW04Y

Besides, the OP was talking about late delivery defects. For parcels, having proof of lodgement with the carrier within handling time negates the chance of late delivery defects. Without breaking the law or endangering innocent members of the public. Which would be the professional way of doing things.

May want to inform Auspost about the laws,as youknow better than them.

from AusPost website:

Lithium batteriesClick to expand

You'll find lithium batteries or cells in portable electronics. They're a dangerous good and present a fire and safety risk if transported incorrectly. Australia Post limits how lithium batteries can be sent, and you're required to send these items in compliance with Australian and international regulations.

What types of lithium batteries can be sent?

Regardless of what domestic or international mail service you use, Australia Post can only carry the following types of lithium batteries:

• Lithium ion (rechargeable) - 20 watt-hour per cell or 100 watt-hour per battery
  • Lithium metal (non-rechargeable) - one gram per cell or two grams per battery

Lithium batteries can only be sent internationally (air or sea), or domestically by air if the battery or cell (maximum of two batteries or four individual cells) are installed in the device and meet all the packaging requirements.

Recalled, damaged or non-conforming cells or batteries are also prohibited from being sent by Australia Post.

How to package lithium batteries

Make sure that the electronic device you're sending can't be turned on accidentally, and you have used strong internal and external packaging. Under no circumstances should lithium batteries be packed by themselves, or alongside a device. To find out more on how to package your batteries correctly refer to the

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Current AP policy on Express Post -

You can't send dangerous goods by Express Post or Express Post Platinum. These are goods classified by the Civil Aviation Authority as dangerous, and include:

• explosives
  • flammable materials
  • radioactive materials
  • aerosols, and
  • lithium batteries.

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/express-post-guarantee.html

Of course, your quoting of surface mail options would naturally trump AP's own explicit prohibition on sending express.

Over to you to explain that one away.

PS: They get to Australia on CARGO planes. AP generally use PASSENGER planes within Australia.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

@orestes2004 wrote:

ARE installed in the device and meet all the packaging requirements. Considering I tripple bagged the item with bubble wrap I did nothing illegal.

Move along, nothing to see here.

I never said you did anything wrong pmslol so you move along

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply