Ebay Billing Errors

Just looked at my bill online, I had closed my store a few weeks ago but reopened it for a week to clear the last of some stock. I was charged pro rata $12 for the week of the shop being opened but also later billed $49.95 for next month for a shop I don't have. The $49.95 was charged after I closed my shop so how can they charge for something I am not signed up for?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay Billing Errors

Ring them.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay Billing Errors

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

As above, ring them to confirm, but as you reopenned for a week, perhaps the full month charge is made? Not sure, but doubt many contracts do not have a notice period of closure involved.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay Billing Errors

eBay told me if you are billed for no store like me for the new billing period, you will be charged $49,95, but you will get it back at the end of the billing cycle (4 weeks)

I bet they wont refund the way they take it (PayPal, Direct Debit or Visa), I bet the credit goes back into your ebay account.

My fees get paid on the 30th to 2nd Oct, so I will get my refund on the 30th Nov to 2nd Dec if that makes sense

I never got an explanation as to why I was charged when I closed mine of the 14th before the new billing cycle, I asked twice but got the runaround about it

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay Billing Errors

They did it to me too - closed on the 12th - only had it open for 3 weeks grrr and then closed and i got stung the 49.95 too - grrr

i got told it will be credited at the end of the next cycle.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay Billing Errors

I just got reimbursed my $49.95 - when i rang ebay i told them they could take take that money for 1 month as i do not have it in my account - i said thats why i closed because i can't afford it.  She just had me credited.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay Billing Errors

Hi , thanks for all the replies. Ebay has ammended my bill so it's not supposed to be taken from my account as it was an error. Though I did receive another bill with the charge still on it so we will see if my bank account is charged.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay Billing Errors

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

Also - I am pretty sure that the monthly store runs per calendar month, regardless of the billing period? If you open a store do so as close to the first of the month, close as close to the end of the month as possible. And yes eBay will credit if you are no longer going to remain as a seller.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay Billing Errors

My store and billing month runs from 16-15.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply