Ebay DSRs System Has Lost The Plot

So Ebay completely closes down my 12 year old Ebay business because my performance is below standard.

My last evaluation on 20th September for the period 1st June to 31st August was below standard.

Below are my figures:

Item As Described - Required 1.20% My Rating 0.46%

Communication - Required 2.40% My Rating 0.57%

Postage Time - Required 2.40% My Rating 2.64%

Postage & Handling Charges - Required 2.40% My Rating 0.57%

So for the miniscule amount of 0.24% over the requirement for Postage Time, regardless of the fact that everything else is well above what is required, they decide to restrict my selling from 15,000 items to 0.

This is despite the fact that for the period 1st July to 30th September, my figures are 0.59%, 0.79%, 1.98% and 0.69% as you read down, which is well within the requirements.

So without even a warning, Ebay closes down my total ability to sell anything.  I realise that Ebay has requirements, but having met them for the past 3 months and continuing to do so, it apparently means nothing to Ebay.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Looking at the feedback, I think ebay may have done the right thing 😞

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

There certainly appears to be a common thread with your non-positives.

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

Perhaps it's not just because of DSR's.

image host
Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

My feedback record was poor in the past but in the last 4 months I have improved heaps as have my DSRs. I have worked hard to fix the problems that I had, but it obviously counts for nothing.

I don't rip anyone off, I try to do the right thing but I make errors just like any other human being.

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

I sell on my own website as well as Ebay.  Occasionally something sells on my website and I either forget to remove the listing on Ebay or don't realise that it is listed on Ebay as well.  It is human error, and everyone makes errors, but I shouldn't be crucified for this.

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

Why not? It is a clear breach of ebay policy to list an item for sale on their site if it is advertised for sale elsewhere so unless you have sufficient items available to fulfil all purchases from all outlets you have done the wrong thing and why wouldn't a buyer leave you low DSRs. Saying you made a mistake doesn't hack it I am afraid, we all make mistakes but if we do we cannot complain if it comes back to bite us and should take it as a warning not to make the same  mistake again.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

So ebay just close you down entirely, for good? I would have thought they would restrict your account but still let you trade.

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

Are you serious Phorum Junkie, once again, your comments are totally biased towards Ebay.

So if I only have one item left in stock, I should not be allowed to list it on two seperate advertising formats?  No business runs like that.  That's like saying, I wanna sell my house but I will only use one real estate agent because I only have one house to sell.

I've seen a lot of your comments on these forums over the years and you always add garbage comments to every issue.

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

Yes from being allowed to list 15,000 items to 0.  I even suggested, fine punish me by taking half my items away, leaving me with say 7,500.

But the staff standard answer is that it is a system issue and they can't do anything but escalate my claim.

To show how ridiculous the DSR system can be, I sell on another selling ID as well, and every single order has been despatched within 1 day, yet I have still received slow postage DSRs.

I understood that I needed to improve my performance and over the past 4 months, it has improved heaps, but that means nothing to Ebay, they only look at an evaluation that is 6 weeks old

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply