Ebay Final Value Fee RIP OFF

jjee2160
Community Member

I sold an item value $3000AUD and they took $430AUD off from me... wow ridiculous. Selling an item costs me over $400. "Listing is free" and then after item sold out, here you go ridiculous hidden fees that you didn't expect. Which plaform in the world would take that much? Greedy. 

At least final value fee should be shown on the page when listing item. 

No more ebay for me. 

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Please! My "moment" may have had validity, and it's 20 BUX (from the kingdom of Bhavish-Under-Xolah) converted to AUD.

Message 71 of 81
Latest reply

Try selling handmade items in a gallery or craft shop, lucky if the fees are only 35%.

Message 72 of 81
Latest reply

EBAY ARE PARASITES

Message 73 of 81
Latest reply

@railking77 wrote:

EBAY ARE PARASITES

Why ?  Are you another one that couldn't be bothered reading up on the fees they charge for selling ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 74 of 81
Latest reply

So don't use them. Easy enough

They are not going to see your tanty, eBay do not read here no matter how loud you yell

You are aware of the fees before you sell

You are aware of the hold on funds as a new seller

You are aware you listed and sold the same phone twice

So those things aside, what are you yelling about?

Message 75 of 81
Latest reply

@railking77 wrote:

EBAY ARE PARASITES

Hang on, but you are still using Ebay it cant be that bad.

Message 76 of 81
Latest reply

Can’t delete, sorry 

Message 77 of 81
Latest reply

Yep, it is. I understand the charge for selling an item, but where do they get off also taking a cut in postage or courier which is billed on top of a sale. When I sell a product in my business, I charge for the product which includes my profit, and I then charge at cost the postage- I don’t make anything on that, some charge a packing fee but again not on the postage.

Sad that EBay need to be greedy, and yes it’s our choice to use them but never again for me.

Message 78 of 81
Latest reply

There are numberless threads about this, a lot more recent than this one. And the charge has been in effect for close to 10 years. Why did you wait that long to fruitlessly complain?

It is unlikely anybody reading this (who are unlikely to be eBay) cares whether you continue selling here.

Message 79 of 81
Latest reply

You have feedback for 4 sales, 1 in the last year. I'd be more concerned about getting paid.

You don't seem to understand current selling policies, so have you signed up to Managed Payments?

Message 80 of 81
Latest reply