Ebay Premium Services - Top Rated Seller

Hi Everyone,

I am sure this is a gripe thats probably been mentioned a few times here, but qualifying to have the Top-Rated Seller and/or Ebay Premium Service logo's in your listing would be nice if it was handed out equally.

The one sticking point for me is that I dont offer Free Shipping and I dont plan too, as I want to offer my customers the best value possible, and with Free Shipping, its a Rip Off for them, as we all know there is NO SUCH THING as free shipping, even though many custoimers cant see that.

I just wish ebay would offer these services to sellers that qualify in the other fields except for shipping.

Yes i know ebay is a pure commercial operation and they want make money, and they make a hell of alot more if an item is free shipping than if it isnt, especially if multiples are sold.

But many sellers here want to make a living and also offer value.

Anyway, thats just my little venting session for now.

Happy ebaying to all out there..

Mike.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

@justkidzbiz wrote:

Came across this flaw in eBays Top Rated Premium status

To qualify for eBay Premium Service, you must offer all of the following on each listing:
Free postage to AU buyers
Same business day or one business day handling
30+ day money back return policy
Express postage option - offering delivery within one day

seller offers "free postage"

Seller offers Express Post but charges $99.00

What an absolute croc!  No one in their right mind would pay $99 for Express Post, but hey I guess the seller gets his Top Seller Premium Status.

But hey, how many people opt for express? it seems the seller doesn't want to offer express. But also, hey, what relevance does a premium badge have? Feedback and stars give a more accurate picture.

I've never had the badge and I still sell stuff.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Hi there. Well, I'm confused.  My account says I'm a Top Rated Seller but I don't qualify for benefits nor do I even get a badge??

So why even say Top Rated??

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Please check dates on threads before you drag them from the bowels of the earth.  This is 6 1/2 yrs old.  Please start a new one if you have a ???

Things change rapidly on Ebay so answers may not apply any more.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Hi,

The thread has been closed due to its age.

Please, open a new one if you need assistance.

Thank you

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply