Ebay app. Good til cancelled listings

If you list something using the eBay app
as a buy it now listing, the only option is good til cancelled and you cannot choose a duration.

At any point will I be charged for the listing if it does not sell or could I leave it up as long as it takes with no charge?

I remember it used to be if you chose good til cancelled listings after 30 days it was reposted automatically and I was charged the listing fee again but I am unsure if this still happens.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That does indeed still happen.

The app is, at best, glitchy. Use the full site. That way you get to select your duration. And many other things the app doesn't support.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The eBay App was better than web page till the new version. Unfortunately they stuffed up as always the IT team of Ebay came with the new stupid ideas and fiddled with the working app. I was able to upload pics and create a new listing in a minute with the old app but this new one is really pain. Im mob. usere (smart phone and tablet) to get around this issue, i create drafts on new app and save them and open web browser (on phone or tablet) go to drafts (seller hub) check all listings and change duration โ€œgood till cancelledโ€ to โ€œ30 daysโ€, save and send online / list.  (All listings will be active and unchecked 8 times relist) 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

great Q I never got around to raising.  

i agree having this issue on the app.  I create, then when on desktop, sell similar, end the original and edit the similar item to 30 days.  in my experience I haven't beeen able to change the duration so I get around this way.

also have issues doing invoices particularly combined invoices on the iphone.

may be made worse by the fact I have two ebay ids and have to sign out and in all the time to use the correct one!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

FYI, eBay app has been updated, if you list something with buy it now, the listing shows duration as 30 days (not good till cancelled) but 8x relist option ticked. We still can not untick the relist box on eBay app this only can be edited in web version. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply